Decided Against [Civilization] Secret Rooms Mod

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by johnfg10, Jan 30, 2016.

?

should we add secret rooms to civ

Poll closed Feb 6, 2016.
  1. yes

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. no

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:39 AM
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  2. johnfg10

Local Time:
    this mod is perfect for this pack and works with a mod we have installed

3. Luphadir

Luphadir Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:39 AM
    didn't vote, broken video link on the promoted page so can't view the spotlight, its a beta version so how stable is it?

4. johnfg10

Local Time:
    well ive played with it for quite some time and havnt had any problem[DOUBLEPOST=1454188046][/DOUBLEPOST]il see if i can get a spotlight[DOUBLEPOST=1454188254][/DOUBLEPOST]ive found the spotlight its a bit outdated but showcases the bases of the mod :D[DOUBLEPOST=1454188332][/DOUBLEPOST]its a very simple mod but could if used well add alot to the pack

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  5. lryanle

lryanle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:39 PM
    Iv'e seen this mod cause quite a bit of corruption in other packs, and just with it alone... I don't think this mod would be great, unless its patched (not saying that it isn't).

6. johnfg10

Local Time:
    what packs?

7. madwolf324

madwolf324 New Member

Local Time:
    8:39 PM
    I enjoy this mod

8. Arcanuo

Arcanuo Old School Poster

Local Time:
    From what I can tell, at first glance that is. It's poorly maintained, by the condition of the thread, appears glitchy and has no niche.

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  9. Ernuke

Ernuke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:39 PM
    Cant you do all that already? We have carpenter's blocks :S

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  10. johnfg10

Local Time:
    not the things that this mod can do no

11. Snowfoxs

Snowfoxs Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    My primary issue with this mod is that it can be a headache for staff, especially in solving grief cases where the griefer has hidden items in a secret room. While we have ways to work around this, it adds extra work. Also, since raiding isn't allowed in claims on Civilization (Or any other MyM server) I don't see a very good use for it. But that's my $0.02, its not my decision to make, but I'd be interested to hear what you think you'd use it for.

alven4 and LunaBlossoms like this.
  12. johnfg10

Local Time:
    i have a few places i would like to use it for one i can see who is coming in out out of my base with out them seeing me and a few other ideas :p

13. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I find this mod useless on Civilization because of reasons Snowfoxs stated and that you can see gigantic name tags through the walls. If player is required to be invisible to hide his base, this mod is quite discriminating. Everyone who wants, can have a radar, so that adds up to this issue.

I personally see no use of this mod because, GL hiding 50 blocks high tower on the top of the cliff.

If it is poorly maintained and glitchy as Arcanuo said, then it can cause more problems, than it adds uses. I don't want chunks get corrupted because of this mod. I have feeling that this mod will increase load on my graphics and maybe even cause crashes to me (even worse if it is Optifine incompatible).

That is why my vote is NO.

I hope that, when someone explains, why they don't want it here, it will count more than one vote.
    For further topics with vote, I recommend doing it like Booker. Say that you want from players to explain their vote, so they need to think about it more and you don't get mod that won't be used.

14. johnfg10

Local Time:
    that pack was intened to have no radar

15. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    On 1.6 the mod is very buggy and does have many cases which will cause a server crash, not sure how the 1.7 version is but I don't think it is much better.

16. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That doesn't matter. It has minimap so, radar can be added easily and there is no way how to protect against it.

Still, being able to see gigantic nametags and names through the blocks is what causes the biggest problem. Holding shift all day, all night isn't possible so, they can see your name and find you even underground, if you aren't invisible. Requiring from players to be invisible for their base camouflage is discriminating and makes whole mod nearly useless.

17. Arcanuo

Arcanuo Old School Poster

Local Time:
  18. DrakeonGaming

DrakeonGaming Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i vote no no maintained regularly , lots of issues and people have radar already so absolutely useless

19. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Can some players, who voted yes, please comment their decision? I want to know why they want it and if they though it through.

20. Saint_Ceadda

Saint_Ceadda Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This mod was in the original Tekkit pack several years ago. I tried it then on a PvP Factions server that had no claim protections, player nametags disabled, no radar, and no minimap. On such a server, it is an awesome mod that enables players to hide their bases effectively. However, Civ has claim protections, player nametags enabled, and a minimap, so the usefulness of the secret rooms mod is negligible.

Now, if MyM were to eventually have a lightly modded PvP server with no claim protections, nametags disabled, no radar, and no minimap, I'd be in full support of including a stable version of the secret rooms mod.