Done Died before I can even land on Mars??

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by naverone, Jul 29, 2015.

1. naverone

naverone New Member

Local Time:
    10:26 PM
    So I finally got my T2 rocket, loaded up, and launched for Mars. Before the little landing bubble it puts you in (i had a parachute on btw) lets me out, like 5 creepers appear out of nowhere, explode, i'm dead. Didn't even have a chance. Is this intended? Is there *any* way to get my stuff back if it's not? There is absolutely zero chance any of it would be still on the ground by the time I could make enough Iron to make another rocket. It took me a week to make this last one.

2. MrWisski

MrWisski Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It can certainly happen during the course of normal game play. Also, as long as you have the coordinates where you died at - there's a chance your still will still be there, as chunks that aren't loaded due to a player being in them, don't tick - which means stuff doesn't despawn. If you take a week to rebuild, then i dunno if your stuff will still be there, however.

If you get back there, and your stuff is gone, go ahead and put in a /ticket, just so we can find out if a player took them, they exploded from the creepers, or despawned normally.

3. naverone

naverone New Member

Local Time:
    I'll just hope its still there when I land again when i can build anther rocket. I thought mobs only spawned within a certain range of a player, at night, etc. It just seemed odd that there were so many mobs instantly appearing as i landed and didn't know if it was somehow a bug or not.

4. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:26 PM
    contact me in game ill get you up there ;)

5. naverone

naverone New Member

Local Time:
    Awesome, thanks. I'll be on in about 2 hours if you're there I'll shoot you a message!

6. naverone

naverone New Member

Local Time:
    Managed to power through the production of a second T2 rocket. Got up there landing about 15 blocks from my original bubble and my grave was inside! Definitely setting up a well-lit safe landing zone on Mars so I can stop launching only during the daytime.