Done Direwolf20 Node 1 is dying

Discussion in 'Direwolf20' started by Bastian_76, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Bastian_76

Bastian_76 New Member

Local Time:
    7:44 PM
    Hey guys, I'm sure you probably aware of it and I saw it mentioned a few times but node 1 is still in a very bad way and can't be played on. Its been around 0.75 to 1.5 TPS for the last 8-9 hours. I have logged on virtually once every 2 hours. srv request is an unknown command so we can't even ask for a reset. I time out often and when looking at the mineyourmind website I keep seeing the node in red on the stats page. As mentioned, your probably aware of it, but I didn't see any information anywhere saying that work on that node is ongoing (other than general work being done). I see a few replies saying all is good now but it definitely isn't. Maybe there can be a warning message when people log on as so many don't know about all the hard work you have all done and so a lot of people are leaving the server disappointed not knowing it work in progress.

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    11:44 AM
    We already working on it. Not sure when it will be fixed.

3. KeithAgnew

KeithAgnew Active Member

Local Time:
    10:44 AM
    any update? cant login, when I do I get timed out and trying to open a box is a chore!
    node2 seems ok.

tired of it to be honest

4. Bastian_76

Bastian_76 New Member

Local Time:
    7:44 PM
    I'm sure they are doing their best to fix things up. I doubt its easy to do such major updates to a server while trying to keep it running. In a couple of days everything will be perfect again and we'll have forgotten the work even happened.

5. KeithAgnew

KeithAgnew Active Member

Local Time:
    I am 100% sure they are doing their best and I understand the business model MYM employ is to provide this service to me for free, but this doesn't change the fact that I , as a user, am not willing to invest anymore time and effort into a system that continues to let me down.

It also wasn't perfect before this issue arose, so I don't see how it can go back to being perfect.

I will simply take my 'vote's elsewhere.

Keith

6. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    Direwolf is being worked on constantly and is very hard to pinpoint the problem. One of the easier problems was the fact the twilight was loaded, which should be fixed unless I'm wrong. But Admin are always working on it. I do my best to help out when i m on the pack otherwise, its a hard thing to figure out if I'm correct @Bennyboy1695 Was working on it aswell in the meantime keep hopes high that we won't have to nuke it ;)

Bastian_76 likes this.
  7. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yeah i was looking in on it too, as there is now i expect a lot of bases that aren't being used anymore or players that have gone inactive when players are loading those area's looking for places to build etc. it can cause lag especially if those bases were badly optimized. One other issue we have is that one of the dimensions made by a mod randomly will just fill itself with fake players and causes huge lag, this world we have tried to fix but the fix we had kept the server from starting so had to be removed again. So the times when that world decides to go weird is the time i expect the lag is unbearable and will need a early restart to fix the issue. We will continue to monitor DireWolf node 1 though.