1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Note: All passwords have been invalidated, please use Lost Password to create a new password. More info...
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Enable 1-hour AFK kick for donors on full servers

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by ABadHaiku_, Dec 5, 2021.

1. wyndman

wyndman Consultant

Local Time:
    9:38 PM
    Hi Tuff! You are correct things like god, fly and back were all not available to players and weren't to be used by staff unless we were actively working. One did not simply AFK on Nero.

I like not being kicked if I'm playing and I get up to walk away and make something to eat or let the dog out. I generally won't sit there AFK, but I'm always on the side of slippery slope of tweaking and removing things from tiers that we paid for. As a tier 5, and gifter of many a tier 4 I'm not OK with things being removed unless their is some legitimate reason (plugin doesn't exist yet).

2. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live.

Local Time:
    wyndman, I understand your reluctance to remove or curtail anything that has been paid for. If I was able, I would have the same, but I live on a full month what most get in a single week. However, please hear me out before passing the final word.
    I understand that to remove something that one has paid for is not technically correct, but also abusing said items is something that all of us; whether paid or free, can understand.
    I have been in the middle of something and have to get up to use the bathroom, then clean a mess left by a CAT and when I get back I am logged out. Most of the time I just log back in, but there have been times where I am completely kicked from the program, necessitating (at times) a full computer reset.
    This is especially bad when the moden is starting to crash (New Modem today).
    All this because I do NOT use chunkloaders (sometimes I need 4 just to keep the base loaded) and for me it is too much to deal with.
    My original idea was to give the free players 5 extra AFK minutes. This would not Drastically upset any server and would allow the average player to use the bathroom in peace and then get a drink. This would not hurt any of the purchased bits and would give a slight respite to the average player.
    It does seem as if I am the only one that is advocating this change and I am sure that others will reap the benefits of someone else's work, but if it alleviates the player in the chat room from going AFK to play Battlefield then I have done my job. BTW This was witnessed by other players as well.Being a free player does not give tenure although I wish it did.

3. Tinnel

Tinnel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Perhaps another option could be a command that donators could use to toggle a no afk kick flag.

I know I have been afk while on a call, then have to step out for hours at a time without being able to log out.

Having the command would make it so if I chose to leave myself afk for hours I could, Or if I am on call I could set the command when I log in and be kicked if I go afk.

Just a thought.

4. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    It is great that you would do that, but seriously, would you expect any donor to actually do that? I may be surprised, but I don't think so. Like the player that was logged in and AFK playing Battlefield, he/she wouldn't use it because they unfortunately are selfish children, hey want their cake and eat it to.
    And I congregate you on your wisdom. Most people are too caught up in MANY different games and just have to AFK so one more game can be placed in their busy gaming schedule.

I will repeat. Most of the gamers on now spend way too much time in chat and not enough time actually playing. The problem is not, I repeat NOT the gamer that has a life other than the close circle of friends in game but those that willingly abuse a privilege that they bought. My idea for them: if they are caught in chat or spawn then dock their privilege until they wise up, but I have already been shouted down and I will not even try to help unless I am called on, because I am old and the servers don't work that way.
    Perhaps they should.

5. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps The Captain

Local Time:
    6:38 PM
    Personally, I feel that if you're actively playing another game for more than an hour at a time, you should just log yourself out of MC, unless what you're doing absolutely must stay loaded. I admit, I may walk away from the game and completely forget I was logged in still, but usually it's on a low pop server so I don't feel bad. I try not to stay logged in unless I'm doing something on higher pop servers.

6. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    I agree, and I do not even log in if I have unfinished business on the web, but I do have a sense of respect for others that it seems obvious that many others do not.