Done Extreme reactors

Discussion in 'Sky Factory 3' started by ignacas, Feb 22, 2018.

1. ignacas

ignacas Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:16 AM
    I tried to look whats the best filling material block/liquid to use for a reactor but i didn't undesrtand witch is the best. So could someone say witch material is the best to use for power efficiency.

Thanks for helping me

2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    6:16 PM
    Well, some go-to materials are usually diamond and cryotheum, however given that it's 1.10 there may be some new fluids/blocks that outrank them now, though I could be wrong.

Diamond balances power and fuel usage, Cryo heavily reduces fuel usage at the cost of reduced power output.

3. ignacas

ignacas Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:16 AM
    But there is no cryo in mym skyfactory servers so matterials that are used: enderfluid and manyullyn blocks so...
    [doublepost=1519338093][/doublepost]But i don't know witch one would be the best to use

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:16 PM
    The best is Vapor of Levity, followed by Manyullyn

Fireforce likes this.
  5. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    3:16 AM
    If you go for turbine, i have no idea but for reactor, they are several things you want to take in consideration :
    - Temperature (Consume more fuel)
    - Radiation per rod (hidden)
    - Fuel efficiency
    - Output

Temperature :

IIRC, the most effecient temperature is arround 700-900 degrees. It doesn't mean you can't go higher or it is bad, it just mean that for each extra RF, you will have to consume a bit more of yellorium. It just depends on your need.

Rod :

Let's now talk about rod behavior first. Rod only takes in consideration block on their direct side and not on the diagonal.
    R = Rod
    Y = block that matters
    N = block that doesn't matter

N Y N
    Y R Y
    N Y N

Another things to understand is rod Radiation, i think it's hidden, but the more radiation in it, the more power it will output. It will also get higher in the temperature. The thing is you don't want to stop the radiation inside the reactor, and the best block to spread radiation is the rod itself. So now when you see this design, you know it is bad because it doesnt't spread the radiation and make a loss of energy :

C = Cooling block

R C R
    C R C
    R C R

and last thing to remember to save resources, corner doesn't matter, so you can do this :

.........C C C
    .........C C C
    C C C R R R C CC
    C C C R R R C C C
    C C C R R R C C C
    ......... R R R
    ......... R R R

Cooling :

Last point, I don't know coolant on SF so you might want to do some test, because there is 2 caracteristics in coolant :

1) Cooling property
    2) Radiation spreading property

First point is you don't need coolant past 4 blocks a rod. For instances

C C C C C R

The last coolant doesn't affect the rod energy production.

So what is done usually, is using cryo everywhere (in normal modpack) to cool at best the reactor and on the last line (the closest one to the casing) you use the one that stop radiation at best (which is Enderium in normal set up)

If you have a doubt, it's best to use the most efficient liquid everywhere (the one that Wyndman told you) because the gain is minimal from the last row of cooling.

So, i know it's not exactly what you asked but since wyndman gave you the information, i thought it could be informations useful to know

Fireforce likes this.
  6. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:16 PM
    Bonus Fact, despite common belief that you should separate your rods, stacking them into a box actually leads to performance gains as they "heat" each other with their own radiation improving RF output without additional fuel consumption.

Fireforce likes this.