Done Failure to open Star Gate and end the game

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by DJPimpDaddy, Nov 1, 2015.

1. DJPimpDaddy

DJPimpDaddy New Member

Local Time:
    4:24 PM
    I have been playing GS to completion on my youtube channel and loving the pack. I think I started several version back, like 1.0.? and have now upgraded though Beta 1.4.13 since it has been well over 2 months of playtime.

I get to the second to last quest to open the stargate and it can't find the coordinates listed in the book. It gives me the message "No stargate at address ZFRRUGGJY". I am playing from the FTB launcher on singleplayer and not on a server. I gotta say after making that SG and the sheer effort and time to make all that Naquada bars, not having the SG work was soul crushing.

Screenshot attached.

It lets me complete the "Dr. Whooo?" quest and get the knife, awesomite, and spawn Capt Jack, but to get the tardis key I need a blood altar, which requires Dalek ore(s). I am assuming we can only get those by using the Star Gate that won't open.

I am sad now as that was the very last quest. This would have been the first HQM I have ever finished too. Was the other SG added in a later version of GS after the one I started with? I still have the old moon base if that helps things but I did start on the moon and not on Earth.

Attached Files:

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    Please try using the MYM launcher, which has more up-to-date versions of the pack, as many people are using the FTB launcher (which is only there to really gain publicity and give out the semi-behind SP version due to the FTB launcher processes) i understand you, but try updating to the MYM launcher and moving your world file over to it, it may work then

3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    10:24 PM
    The version on the FTB launcher is up to date.

4. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    You need to copy over DIM 112 from maps to you save. (The other end of the stargate was implented in 1.4.8 ...)

Slind and DJPimpDaddy like this.
  5. DJPimpDaddy

DJPimpDaddy New Member

Local Time:
    I will try this tonight. Thank you very much.

6. DJPimpDaddy

DJPimpDaddy New Member

Local Time:
    Ok, the fix worked. Thank you very much for that. It opened the portal and I stepped through then got utterly destroyed by mobs. Respawned out into the void somewhere and stuck in infinite death loop. *sigh....

Thank you very much for the mod and the assistance. I am going to replay it in MYM launcher so maybe "fingers crossed" I will get less destroyed next time I visit DIM 112 lol!

God what an ending.

7. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Well its not the end ... yet ;)

To get back to moon - open to lan, enable cheats, /cofh tpx -28

Battlesuit is highly recommended for t5 ;)