Done [FTB Beyond] Problem with Environmental Tech Mod

Discussion in 'Beyond' started by Tomuchan, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Tomuchan

Tomuchan Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:23 AM
    My friends and I are having a problem with Environmental Tech. To keep our server footprint low we are trying to keep our whole base inside one chunk. As a result our solar panel is sitting at Y=254 and our void ore miner is sitting at Y=4. When we are at the top of our base our void ore miner doesn't work, when we are at the bottom of the base our solar panel doesn't work. It looks like there is a limited range that players must be around Environmental tech machines but I can't find any information online.

Is there a solution to this?

[​IMG]

2. ProZed

ProZed Active Member

Local Time:
    11:23 PM
    Make them next to each other. Having your base in 1 chunk might actually be causing more lag

3. Tomuchan

Local Time:
    We know that they work when they are close, that's beside the point.

I don't know where you got the idea that 1 chunk bases cause more lag. Stretching AE networks over multiple chunks is known to cause tps drops which is what we're trying to avoid.

4. It's true, having everything in a chunk is laggy. Try to keep multibock structures in a chunk though

5. Tomuchan

Local Time:
    I kinda get the impression you guys don't know what lag is. Are you talking about client fps? server performance? connection speed?

Rather than discussing 1 chunk bases I would like to get back to the main topic/problem.

6. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10:23 PM
    @Tomuchan

Can you please reproduce this in a single player setup? That will let me know if I should go look at Sponge or Environmental Tech. Screenshots of the setup in single play will help also as I have not yet explored the mod.

7. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thats pretty sure serverside... same happens with Forestry Treefarms.

Probably the Slowdown is now a block and not a chunkrange....

8. Tomuchan

Local Time:
    No, the problem does not happen in singleplayer. Just so the numbers make sense: the Tier 4 void ore miner with full speed upgrades should take about 31krf/t and the Tier 4 solars should produce about 46krf/t at its peak.

Here is the setup in singleplayer:
    Bottom: Y=3 Here we can see the solars are inputting energy properly
    [​IMG]
    Top: Y=255 *input is at 30krf/t because the capacitor is full but the void ore miner is drawing power
    [​IMG]

Here is the same setup on MyM:
    Top: Y=255 Void ore miner is not drawing power
    [​IMG]
    Bottom: Y =64 Solars are not producing power
    [​IMG]
    Middle: input and output are close to zero because we are out of range of both machines:
    [​IMG][DOUBLEPOST=1491226289][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I think so too but there is no information about it from the MyM admins. My only solution right now is to keep one person at the top and one person at the bottom which is a bit ridiculous.

9. That does not makes any sense at all :v minecraft working stuff by chunk not block range, strange

10. MrsFaithfyre

MrsFaithfyre Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:23 PM
  11. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10:23 PM
    @Tomuchan thank you. Ill test and figure out what is going on tonight.

12. Tuffnoodle

Tuffnoodle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:23 PM
    We've contacted the mod author on their Github to see if this was an intended feature or a bug. Thanks for reporting it, now we wait patiently for the mod author's input on the matter! :)

13. Tomuchan

Local Time:
    Hi Tuffnoodle, thanks for the response.

I don't think it's an issue with the ET mod because it works in singleplayer and this bug is also affecting our woot farm, forestry tree farms, etc which are separate mods. As @Ben85 says we think it's something to do with the mym server itself.

14. Tuffnoodle

Tuffnoodle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:23 PM
    Whoops, thanks for reminding me, I'll need to specify that it works in single player and that it's an issue on the server.

15. Tomuchan

Local Time:
    Has there been any progress on this case? I researched it further and I still think this is a server side problem not an issue with the mod itself. Could we keep this open until its resolved?