Done Grass may be greener, but not better

Discussion in 'Direwolf20 1.10' started by Shadeflame3, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Shadeflame3

Shadeflame3 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:40 PM
    Hiya everyone. I recently started playing on the new Direwolf20 1.10 server after hearing about the resets and getting bored of my old pack, The Ferret Business. I watched a few of Direwolf's videos on this pack and figured I'd play it. After a bit of searching for a place to call home, I could tell something was off, but I wasn't sure what. I eventually found a Savannah-Plains border in the world and I figured it out, the grass and leave color seemed really, really off. Overly green, mostly. Take a look (There's supposed to be a picture of the area during the daytime, but its too big... somehow?)
    2017-07-10_01.58.28.
    Unless there was a huge change in the grass coloration for biomes between 1.7.10 and 1.10.2, or a mod in The Ferret Business messes with grass colors (Natura, maybe?), I cant think of many places where this would be the case.

I've searched a few pictures of vanilla 1.10 Savannah and Plains and the grass looks like how it should, so I don't get it. I'm not using a resource pack, I'm using the MYM launcher version of Direwolf20 1.10. I have been setting my mipmap levels to 2 instead of 4 because it really helps my fps in 1.10 packs, but even when I put it back to 4, it looks like this.

Any ideas or fixes anyone knows? It's not game breaking, but its really annoying me. Thanks in advance!

2. Maybe try reloading resource packs?

3. Shadeflame3

Local Time:
    I don't have a resource pack installed, but I tried reloading it anyway (F3 + t) and ended up crashing, which didn't do anything.

4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    4:40 AM
    The different colors of grass are caused by biomes the only way to change it would be to change the biome at that location.

19e8 likes this.
  5. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    There was an update somewhere between 1.7.10 and direwolf that tinkered with textures, but from what I see that looks pretty normal, you're at the edge of a plains biome where the dark green is and the lighter green is the savanna, you can't always trust the map mods to tell you when the terrain changes slightly so it just assumes the whole thing is a savanna.

6. Shadeflame3

Local Time:
    I guess I'm just crazy, then... I could have sworn that Savannah biomes had much more yellow and dry grass (more so matching the map) and other biomes had deeper/paler grass, I even went into vanilla 1.7.10 and 1.10.2 and didn't see much of a difference. Oh well, I guess... Maybe I can find a resource pack or mod that will make it look better for me.

Thanks for your time, guys.

7. wyndman

Local Time:
    Try checking deeper into the actual savanna and see if it turns more yellow

8. Shadeflame3

Local Time:
    It was the same colour all the way in, i even made an all Savannah and all Plains biome superflat worlds and looked at them in 1.7.10 and 1.10.2 and they looked the same. I'm just crazy is all. Thanks though!

I wouldn't be opposed to anyone letting me know how to change the colours, via mod or resource pack, if anyone knows how to. I'll try and find it anyway, its just bugging me so much.

9. wyndman

Local Time:
    I continue to use sphax texture packs for all my minecraft needs. There will be a difference in savana versus plains if you use that texture pack.