Implemented Grave Glitch

Discussion in 'Crash Landing' started by Lux3, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Lux3

Lux3 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:05 PM
    This has been an issue for a long time (ever since the change to 1 CL server) and since nobody else has made a post I figured I should. On Crash Landing occasionally when you die instead of one grave appearing, a grid of 9x9x6 graves appear. None have any name on them. None contain items. Mobs spawn on top of them. Sometimes the center lowest grave will have the players grave items as drops laying at the bottom of the pile. I am constantly inundated with requests from players to tp and see this crazy glitch that they think nobody knows about and get demands that I clean it up for them. I do not have the time nor resources to tear down all these graves all the time.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tinnel likes this.
  2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    5:05 AM
    There is already a thread about it somewhere. As long as we don't know why it happens we can't do anything.

3. Tinnel

Tinnel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:05 PM
    Perhaps to prevent the constant surprise by the glitch, there could be a broadcast message about it?

Lux3 likes this.
  4. Lux3

Lux3 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I was talking to other staff about this and nobody seemed aware of what I was talking about. I know I had talked to you previously about this @SirWill but the rest of staff said they didn't know of a post about it so I thought I would make one that was more visible. It is very unfortunate that the cause can not be determined. Would it be possible to have a broadcast about this to save the nearly constant headache of talking about this in game?

5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    The broadcast should say what?

6. Lux3

Lux3 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The mass of graves is a known glitch, please destroy the graves and do not ask staff to do it for you. Each player is responsible for cleaning this up.

Tinnel likes this.
  7. Tinnel

Tinnel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would say Something along the lines of
    If you die and get hundreds of graves, break them right away. It is a known issue.

Lux3 likes this.
  8. Docpo

Docpo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Now that I have seen this bug for myself it is crazy looking. As for the message I would go with: "Massive amount of graves spawned at death is a known bug, please do not ask staff to remove them."

This should be more than enough to tell the players who bother to read the chat message that if it does happen, to clean it up themselves. If they do not understand it then it is their problem for not putting two together. Just my opinion on that.

Lux3 and Tinnel like this.
  9. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Disabling the graves probably solves the issue :D. But I guess for some they are a little essential?

10. Azurith93

Azurith93 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Just a little XD Im with @Lux3 and @Tinnel there should probably be a Broadcast

Tinnel likes this.
  11. Lux3

Lux3 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Slind, players would abandon Crash Landing en masse if we remove the graves mod. I think a simple broadcast would be much simpler and appropriate.

Tinnel likes this.
  12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Tinnel likes this.
  13. SilentBane

SilentBane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Done :)

Tinnel likes this.