Done Having trouble spawning mobs

Discussion in 'Project Ozone 2' started by EvilScotsman, Oct 24, 2016.

1. EvilScotsman

EvilScotsman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:05 PM
    Half the time I try to release mobs from a safari net they just disappear. The net empties but nothing appears. Also my auto-spawner fails to work most of the time. The little flames signalling that it has spawned something appear around it but it wont have spawned a mob.

Does anyone else get this problem?

2. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:05 AM
    Its means u have 90 mobs in a 3x3 area and you have hit mobcap

3. EvilScotsman

Local Time:
    I don't?

I have a farm with about 10 random animals and a mob farm that has no more than 10 mobs in it at a time.

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:05 PM
    What spawner type, and what are you trying to spawn?

5. EvilScotsman

Local Time:
    MFR auto-spawner. So far I've been trying zombies, skeletons, wither skeletons, Erebus beetles, blazes and sheep. They all seem to have the same problem where the auto-spawner only spawns them some of the time.

6. Messiah7

Messiah7 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:05 PM
    It happened for me, next three steps can help you, 1- turn off autospawner, 2- break your chunckloader, relogin to server and place chunckloader back, then you can spawn mobs from spawners. It helped me on Project Ozone 1 and 2 and Hypovolemia.
    But yes, it's can happened again, maybe sometimes server incorrectly calculates the number of mobs, "force" chunk reload always help.

EvilScotsman likes this.
  7. EvilScotsman

Local Time:
    So I emptied out and shut down my mob farm and I'm able to get the auto spawner working again but from what i can see i can only have a maximum of 16 mobs on my island, no more. Is this correct, is this how it's supposed to be?

Also, I tried your suggestion, Messiah7, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference, thanks anyway.

8. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:05 PM
    If the population is heavy on the server at that time it might be bumping into a server ceiling.