Implemented Impossible connections

Discussion in 'Horizons' started by torchickspeed, Feb 23, 2014.

1. torchickspeed

torchickspeed New Member

Local Time:
    12:03 AM
    Hey Torch here AGAIN, Spend so much time on these forums lately.
    Anyways i finally ( after 3 weeks of complaining) got my friend to agree to come on and play horizons with me, But as soon as he trys to connect, his client crashes and from in game i see him connect before instantly disconnecting.
    Throughout my time playing on the server Ive seen the same happen to people who are joining for the first time, Being immediately disconnected.
    I'm afraid i don't have a crash log at this time ( Friends internet went down ) But hopefully can tomorrow.
    Thanks again for your quick support like last time

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    1:03 AM
    If you friend wasn´t on the server before, I think he did not update to 2.0.1, else I have no idea without a crashlog.

3. Aighato

Aighato New Member

Local Time:
    5:03 PM
    A ton of these people aren't on the correct version of the mod pack, and I'm not sure of a good position to look on the working version other than in the lobby.

4. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:03 PM
    This is a good point, and to add to that with a couple more notes along the same line, I had the hardest time looking for the lobby's IP address and ended up just guessing at it until I got it correct (a few days ago when Horizons was down). Just thought I would put that out there. On the opposite side, if you type in the Horizon's IP address correctly it does say what version it is right there before even connecting to the server.

5. torchickspeed

torchickspeed New Member

Local Time:
    12:03 AM
    I realize i should've mentioned this earlier, But we did think it may be a version thing.
    But when i suggested this he went and checked and the version he needed Simply WAS NOT there, There was a version similar so i supposed i got it wrong and to use that, To no luck.

Unfortunately there is still no power in my friends area of living, Hope to get a crash log soon, Despite we've basically found the issue