Done Items removed from market for being "Too cheap"

Discussion in 'Sky Factory 2' started by kingclone99, Jun 18, 2016.

1. kingclone99

kingclone99 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:28 AM
    Im attempting to make money on the market by pricing my items competetively (like any real world market would do) and my items keep being removed for being "too cheap" but the prices im expected to list them at nobody will buy them because its too expensive. Yesterday Dawg_Swag told me i need to list 64 draconium ingots at at least like 150 myms per stack! Nobody wants to pay that when you could sieve crushed endstone and get so much (i produce about 3 draconic chests of draconium a day and its going nowhere because i cannot sell it) I don't understand why when i have so much of this item i still have to list at insane prices.

2. kingclone99

Local Time:
    and to adress the P2W aspect for new players if players can buy 4 stacks of drac for voting then why shouldnt i be allowed to price my draconium ingots competetively. i want their money just as much as the next guy

3. TheHarald

TheHarald Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:28 AM
    While I agree that many things are being sold too cheaply, this behaviour isn't okay.

He moderates the market in such a way that leaves his own items as the cheapest available.
    He says that your items are being sold too cheaply. Who decided that? Is it because he doesn't like being undercut?

I wouldn't mind if someone would step up and properly moderate the market, but that someone shouldn't actively be making profit from the market.

Kingclone needs to sell his ingots for at least 150, but that doesn't apply to others:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  4. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:28 AM
    @TheHarald Thank you for this, we will look into it.

@kingclone99 The market is their, yes, to make a profit. But we also do not allow extreme under/over pricing of items. If you have any ideas on how to make this easier or more consistent to police in game, I would love to hear your ideas.

5. TheHarald

TheHarald Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:28 AM
    If we let supply and demand rule the market, everything will lose its value. I and a few others could see to that easily.

I spoke to dawg about the pricing of diamond blocks, and those he claim have to be sold for at least 200 per stack. I was unable to get his source though.
    That is fine. If those numbers were written down somewhere. But it's not, not anywhere I can see.

My suggestion is that we get someone familiar with the market to maintain a thread on the forum with certain items and their minimum values. That way, moderators can use that as a guideline and refer people to that thread when items are taken down. The market lacks written rules, and when invisble rules are being enforced, it is just causing confusion.

6. Ralph_Anthony

Ralph_Anthony Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:28 AM
    No moderator that regulates the market should be able to participate in it. Especially where they are selling at lowest allowed prices. (Real world that will send you to jail or worse.)

7. kingclone99

Local Time:
    I don't think the solution to this is a hardcoded list but i think we should just use common sense. For example i initially listed Draconium ingots fro 45 myms a stack. That is too cheap. the server is not at the point where supply has become that high. I have raised my prices to 85 myms a stack because i beleive that is a high price that is worth it to me. I think its just a common sense thing. If the lowest listing is 100 then go ahead and remove a listing for 25 but if someone lists at 90 while theres a 100 on the market its just being competitive

8. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:28 AM
    This situation was taken care of. Going to mark this as done.

I agree 100% and explained that as well.