Done Java 8 Unknown issues

Discussion in 'Other' started by ManaJester, Oct 30, 2016.

1. ManaJester

ManaJester Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:38 AM
    im a longish time member of the community and for a long while i have played without issues untill now after i updated to java 8 i randomly crash sometimes in game othertimes just loading the launcher i do play other java games and i have the same issue there all i can seem to recover in any instance is just the pid crashlog

i know this issue is not directly related to MyM but im hoping someone in the comunity has solved or knows a solution to this issue id be more than happy to backport to java 7 but none of the newer servers "pixelmon" will allow anything lower than 8

steps i have done to try to solve this
    messed with memory settings both larger and lower values
    used both open jdk8 orical jdk 8 both 32x and 64x
    i did test java 9 in the same manner
    even went to the more extreme mesures of moving from windows 7 to Ubuntu 15
    currently still on Ubuntu but i like it for all around better system foot print so no loss for me

im sorry if i have not provided enough info or if i shouldnt even post this type of help request in the fourms

i have tried reaching out to other avenues but most of the time my posts are removed or just ignored

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    It appears to be something with the MyM launcher and swing from java, which I have no clue why it wouldn't work, it just doesn't

3. ManaJester

Local Time:
    would enabling core dumps help give anymore information to the source of the issue?
    and thank you for the reply =)

after enabling core dump for java it seems to have resolved the issue enterly i wont pretend to understand why but as long as i can play my games im happy =)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  4. UnicoDios

UnicoDios Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:38 AM
    It looks like it cannot find or is not reading a file properly.

<a 'java/io/FileNotFoundException'>

The first thing I would try is to delete the MYM launcher and all installed files/modpacks from it. I do not know where to find them on a Linux OS. Redownload the launcher after and then try to load it. You will lose anything done on single player doing this so you will want to create a backup of these saves if you want to keep them! I experienced a similar issue with updating the launcher and java both at the same time and deleting/redownloading everything cleared the issue up however I never did check crash logs to know if it was the same thing.

If that doesn't work then completely uninstall all versions of Java on the computer and then reinstall the most updated version. If that does not work either then someone else would need to help you.

5. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:38 AM
    How did u get it to work i cant get mine to do it.

6. ManaJester

Local Time:
    as said in OP its not just MyM and i have done fresh installs of java and have gone to even greater lengths than that to resolve it

in linux to enable core dump you must run 'ulimit -c unlimited' in your terminal then launch java as per normal

as a follow up my issue is not gone 100 % but i can atleast play now before id crash randomly at anytime now i only crash during startup but if i get the game going it wont crash now

side note lagg is gone now aswell since turning on core dumps

tyler489 if you are have the same issue send me a pm so we can compare notes and anything we both have done to try to resolve the issue