Land protection AOE feedback

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by B3Wall, Apr 27, 2015.

1. B3Wall

B3Wall New Member

Local Time:
    3:38 PM
    What I am referring to in the title of this thread is how certain items are unable to be held in your hotbar within a certain large range of another player's claim border. Normally this just puts my ichor wand into my inv and is nothing more than a passing nuisance, but 5 times in the past week of playing I have had my wand ejected from my inventory mid-flight and have had to search for it for 5 minutes at a time, once not finding it and having to rebuild my very expensive wand.
    I understood this plugin when it only affected item held in your hand, but just having them in your hotbar and forcing you to hold them so it gets ejected into your inventory is just plain annoying. I've had this happen while flying, fighting, and performing magic within my own base and within my own claim. Could you please backdate this protection plugin to only work on held items, or at least tell me why you made it so aggressive?

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    4:38 PM
    this should no longer be happening, i thought they fixed it, @Slind @SirWill didn't you guys change it to swap an item in your inventory with it?

3. MrWisski

MrWisski Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Its less aggressive than it was - as before, it would move the items to your backpack, and if no room - delete them.

We chose to restrict their usage near claims for some items, due to the fact that they do unfortunate things, such as bypass GriefPrevention, or cause duplication of items. Some of these things we've caught before they became a problem, and others were found only after they'd destroyed a claim.

It's not out of spite - each item we add to that list is tested, and confirmed to be a problem. Adding it to the item restriction list is the compromise that allows them to remain a part of the play experience on the servers.

4. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    10:38 PM
    drop

5. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    but wasn't it changed to swap an item inventory?

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    10:38 PM
    drop in the case of the inventory being full of not allowed items :D probably never happens, though