Done Launcher no longer has entries for some of the older packs I was playing

Discussion in 'Other' started by osirisgothra, Jun 8, 2024.

1. osirisgothra

osirisgothra Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:10 PM
    I had a serious problem yesterday with Direwolf20_1.19 and needed to reinstall it, but its not even on the launcher anymore, I was continuing it because it was taken down soon after I started playing it on MYM. The way it used to be, the launcher would still contain packs that had been used in the past. Now, since the DDOS against the authentication servers yesterday, which I had no way of knowing that was what it was, I tried to fix it, and now I'm stuck with a 6-month build that is less than a month from completion, and no way to finish it.

Is there really no way to install DW 1.19 anymore? Keep in mind I am on Linux and my options are far limited. This was one of the few launchers that still supported what I needed and now all the sudden it does not?

2. Willshaper

Willshaper Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:10 AM
    Try to have a look at Prism Launcher, specifically version 6.3, as that still has access to FTB Packs.

You can download 6.3 from here, just find your linux package under Assets: Release Prism Launcher 6.3 · PrismLauncher/PrismLauncher · GitHub

To install DW20_1.19 on it, do the following:

* Press Add Instance (Top left corner)
    * Press "FTB" (As i said, this only works on version 6.3 and below of the launcher)
    * Search for Direwolf and install the correct version.

As for finding your old instance on Linux, I'm not sure, but I'd guess you know where that is located. Just copy your options/saves and other relevant stuff to your new Prism Launcher instance.

osirisgothra likes this.
  3. osirisgothra

osirisgothra Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:10 PM
    Ok, here's the fix, its a bit complicated with the auth servers being down but it did in fact work out for me, and as a bonus I can now play offline forever if I want:

1) I installed the FTB app for linux first
    2) though I can't log in yet because of the auth server problems, I was able to snag a good copy of my exact version of direwolf 1.19 (from a year ago).
    3) I installed the Prism app for linux second
    4) I kept trying to add my Microsoft account, took about 5 or 6 tries, restarting a couple times in between but it finally got on there
    5) Set my preferred paths for everything somewhere where i had the space to do it, Imported my FTB App Direwolf 1.19 instance
    6) Removed everything in the .minecraft directory in the instance, and copied my OLD backup over it, being sure not to overwrite stuff in the instance folder, just the .minecraft folder.
    7) Launched the instance and loaded the game and my save was there and my world loaded!

Took 3 days and a lot of trial and error before I came up with this. Installing the most recent version of Dw20 1.19 does NOT work because they have since added mods that are incompatible with the list of mods from my save, and plus I did add a couple of my own in there, too, futher complicating things. But all is good now.

Thanks for the tip on prism, didn't know about it. It is awesome for me because now I can access the game offline, manage the mods, everything without having to deal with accidental overwrites or auth server problems. You do need to own the game of course, but still, as long as I can access it, I'm happy!

Today, the auth servers are still offline in my area as they address the attacks that have been incoming nightly. Hopefully, they will stop soon. Right now, I can play multiplayer on legacy versions but not anything that requires newer (1.14+) login. I heard rumors that launchers might have to update because of they may be changing the login for the xbox apps, but nothing definite. Prism apparently has a nightly build that does this, but I have yet to test that. Still just glad it all worked out :)

Tips For other people:

Be sure to always keep a backup of the entire modpack tree, at least once a week or so, so you have something to fall back on. I learned my lesson with my first singleplayer run of SB3, I didn't do that, and I paid dearly (lost it all). This time at least I had made several backups of the entire tree, and kept ftb backups running on a hourly, 5 backups, keeping the oldest backup of the week all along.

I suggest snagging a save out of your backups every now and then so you have a good clean copy available. FtbBackups could inadvertantly "backup" the world in an unstable/unusable state if the world suddenly becomes unstable while left idle. This has happened a couple times in the past and I was sure glad copied out a save.