Done My name has changed, and I need help.

Discussion in 'Other' started by IC_Man_3, Feb 26, 2018.

1. IC_Man_3

IC_Man_3 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:24 PM
    So, my user ID is supposed to be IC_Man_3.

However, when I am logged into the server, I am now registered in-game as Ketu_PVP+!

As a result of this weird change, I cannot generate a ticket (which is why I am posting here), and I am missing certain things in-game, like ALL my Thaumcraft advancement.

Interestingly, I can still access everything in my base, and my inventory is correct.

I need help. I need this fixed, and I have NO idea why it's happened or what to do about it.

I hope an admin sees this post and comes to my aid.

Thank you.

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Your name was changed on February 23, 2018, if you didn't change it I would suggest you secure your account as someone clearly changed your name on you. Once you've changed your password you should reach out to Mojang about the breach in your account.

Yes, you will still be able to access your protected items as these follow the UUID, where thaumcraft is tied to your name.

3. IC_Man_3

Local Time:
    What password. What account? Is this a Mojang issue? Do I log in there to change this back?

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The fact that someone other than you changed you name would be a compromise with your account, while we can update your data to reflect your new name I'd suggest securing your minecraft account first, and that you would do through mojang, changing the password and secret questions e-mail that sort of thing.

5. IC_Man_3

Local Time:
    Thanks. FYI, I went to their portal site, and it said you can only change your name every 30 days, so I have to wair 27 more days to change it back. I sent them a support email about it, but I don't know when I will hear back.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

6. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:24 PM
    Did you make sure to change your password while you were there too? One of the dangers if you didn't is that whoever changed your MC name could just as easily change your password for Minecraft and then you would be locked out of your account too. I would also recommend changing your email password too, and passwords for any sites that you may have used the same password as your MC account.

7. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    2:24 PM
    Marking as done since this is out of our hands.