My Personal Goodbye

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by TheVisionsX, Oct 31, 2015.

1. TheVisionsX

TheVisionsX Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:16 AM
    So I found out that all the old MYM servers were hard-reset meaning, all the devotion and time, all the love and care I put into making the server a better place, was all ripped away from me, and without warning. I'm not going to freak out over the new servers because I only cared about Infinity NODE 1, and to have everything I worked so long to make, RIPPED AWAY, it kind of feels bad. I got word that a friend of mine was also going to stop playing due to this very reason. I'm sorry to those who actually enjoyed my presence (probably because I gave them an absurd amount of items for no charge) Goodbye everyone. *turns and walks away*

ItsNora_ likes this.
  2. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:16 PM
    Infinity hasn't been reset yet, it's being reset on 6th November meaning you still have the ability to log on and grab your coordinates and stuff so that you can have the download of your base so that all your hard work isn't gone. We never reset without giving the community some time to log on and grab base coordinates and other things they might want to do. Also with packs like infinity, the longer the server is up sadly the worse its performance gets because of all the entities in the world from players bases and badly made ae setups.

caithleen and chugga_fan like this.
  3. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:16 AM
    It's always sad seeing someone from the community leave/quit, well known or not. I hope your travel to a new server is good and short and maybe you meet new friends where ever you go.

Farewell TheVisonsX

Ninja'd by Benny :'c

4. TheVisionsX

TheVisionsX Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:16 AM
    "We'll carry on! We'll carry on! And though you're dead and gone believe me, your memory will carry on!!!"

5. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    3:16 AM
    i did this with direwolf, but ran to mym ferret :D

6. crazar

crazar Guest

How about starting on another server? Trying some new things out. Maybe partner up with a few friends so you can progress faster?

7. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    3:16 AM
    Maybye use our servers #subtlehint,

kidding though just to be clear

8. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    you must not have been here in the times of monster where the resets were no warning and instant, people FREAKED out when monster reset and the entire server got so very, very angry, everyone returned to a new map, so be thankful that it still isn't like that

9. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    5:16 PM
    Two possibilities :

1. Run servers forever. See their population come down. Pay for the servers. Get nowhere as players migrate to other communities that run the new packs.

2. Adapt and switch to never packs to give the community something to play and bond together.

MyM obviously chooses 2. and on top of that allows you world downloads, purges, tells you in advance that they are coming down, makes merges for older packs so its still avaible.

Anyways, good luck out there finding something this good :D

10. DoubleOTism

DoubleOTism Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:16 PM
    Man to make you at least more happier:

11. Pein_Rikudo

Pein_Rikudo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    I liked the part where he said all the devotion and time, love and care "he" put into making the server a better place.

profrags likes this.