Done MyM Launcher failing to install/update Direwolf20 1.20

Discussion in 'FTB Direwolf20 1.20' started by Zippity_Doodah, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Zippity_Doodah

Zippity_Doodah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:05 PM
    Unsure what the issue is, but I've tried several things from the Wiki and so forth to get the MyM Launcher to install/update Direwolf20 1.20... And yet after around 60% it begins having error after error for around 1231 files... In detailed view it is happening during the Downloading process...

I've tried completely wiping the MyM Launcher folder of all files, to ensure any older launcher files are gone... The version of MyM Launcher I downloaded fresh from the MyM website is v4.4.0.2, and I've ensured it runs in Admin Mode... I can launch it just fine... I've also ensured I've installed the latest 64 bit version of Java 1.8 as well as Java 1.17... I've tried pointing the launcher to both versions, just to ensure that is not the issue, but the error happens regardless... I'm not using a VPN or a special Firewall program... Proxy is turned off in the Launcher settings... It is properly setup to associate with my Mojang/Microsoft Account... I even ran the command to force Java to use IPv4 just to be safe...

I'm using Windows 11 Home edition, fully updated...

I've not had issues in the past with my current setup, so unsure why I'm having an issue now... I also noticed that the main screen of the launcher shows "Failed to fetch page: Did not get expected 200 code, got 301" instead of the normal news and so forth...

Any further suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Zip

EDIT: As a test, I tried to install All of the Mods 8, and it begins doing the same thing around 74%... And space isn't the issue, as I have well over 100 gigs of free space on each of my drives... And Hard Force Update doesn't help...

EDIT (10-17-2023): Issue has something to do with the MyM Launcher I'm sure, because I was able to use the FTB App to instal the pack and log into the server just fine...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
  2. Redshii

Redshii Moderator Build Team

Local Time:
    4:05 AM
    Hi Zippity,

Seems your MyM launcher version is out of date. It sometimes happen that it stays stuck on a certain version due to cached files. The latest version is v4.4.0.5.

Could you go to %appdata% -> roaming -> .mineyourmind -> launcher and delete the jar inside there? That should force the client to redownload the newest version.

Let me know if this fixes it for you.

3. Zippity_Doodah

Zippity_Doodah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:05 PM
    That appears to have worked, the pack installed correctly... I also had to wipe all the JVM Arguments as that was causing a different error once the pack installed...

Appreciate the help :)

BTW, may want to have that fix added to the MyM Wiki > Launcher > Common Problems section on the forums... Just a suggestion, as that was a somewhat easy fix... :)

Thanks again,

Zip

Redshii likes this.