Pixelmon(update)

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by recaltotal, Feb 22, 2016.

?

should pixelmon be updated

Poll closed Mar 7, 2016.
  1. yes differently

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. yes but only if the map isnt reset

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. no i don't want a update

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. recaltotal

recaltotal Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:22 PM
    I know as its not as much of a popular server as it once was its been kinda left in the darkages(understandable)

currently the version of pixelmon we are using is 3.4.0

the latest version is running pixelmon 4.2.1
    this brings pixelmon into the era of economy within pixelmon and pixelmon markets and malls come into place
    it also adds a-lot of new pokemon in this massive update fixes a-lot of bugs/client glitches

also with the update could the gyms be finished so all badges are obtainable instead of just 8

i have been with myms for awhile now and would like to see it prosper and thrive

please give reasons for answering no

thanks recaltotal

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    5:22 PM
    We haven't updated as pixel utilities is a abandoned project, if we update, it will get dropped and if we update to the 1.8 version (4.2) its not gonna work with our system.

3. recaltotal

Local Time:
    but a update would be very good for the server hmmm can you think of anyway to work around getting it to work on your system

4. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    5:22 PM
    not without thousands of hours of dev work.

5. recaltotal

Local Time:
    and pixelutities isnt used that much silicon cannot be obtained from it the badge arnt obtainable either because no gyms for them[DOUBLEPOST=1456164009][/DOUBLEPOST]but myms is the beast xD bet u guys could push that down to a a week hehe (bit of positive encouragement there) haha xD

6. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Trust me when the server upgrade or they get new ones they will go straight to 1.8.9 or 1.9 as i understand.
    If you look all current modpacks are 1.7.10 or lower as it works witht the current system
    At this moment in time the staff are extremely strained and spread thin as it is so

7. ZzConradzZ

ZzConradzZ The Purple Cat

Local Time:
    10:22 AM
    If this does eventually happen, I'll have to start pulling All-nighters to complete that pokedex again xD

8. recaltotal

Local Time:
    sir currently the latest version of pixelmon runs on 1.8.9 atm[DOUBLEPOST=1456216761,1456209874][/DOUBLEPOST]celibi ( the easiest) legendery to catch yet past 3 iv fought has glitched out and i couldnt catch coz of it

9. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    yeah but servers arent ging to that yet

10. ZzConradzZ

Local Time:
    Do the eight gyms not give badges anymore? And the Safai Zone relies heavily on PixelUtil. Updating would mean no Safari Zone, and hours of work lost.

11. recaltotal

Local Time:
    no1 uses the safari zone as the teleport takes the myms doesnt tp the player also u can just fly there
    and the safarizone is hardly worthwile going there yes the 1st 8 gyms give badges but are worthless doing as bad tms from them either

12. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:22 AM
    I personally would love to see pixelmon get updated and given a major rehall at the same time and make it something that is unique. It was going in the right track but then it was abandoned.

13. recaltotal

Local Time:
    i think if updated and the right admin team it could be brought into the glory that myms is at the moment it is stood still not doing anything hardly any1 plays it because its so far behind even without pixelutilities i think it could be epic
    other sidemods could be added inplace of pixelutilities and the newer version of pixelmon adds most of the stuff pixelutilities had anyway[DOUBLEPOST=1456250333][/DOUBLEPOST]also who voted no could i have a reason why not?

14. ZzConradzZ

Local Time:
    Does it add Badges? Because we need the badges. Not enough player base as everyone kinda did "everything" and then left.

15. recaltotal

Local Time:
    pokeultilities adds a few extra badges but there is still badges within normal pixelmon for at least 24 badges
    but currently on the server there is only the 8 gyms and there not even the right gyms :/

16. ZzConradzZ

Local Time:
    They are exact Pokemon, types, and levels. The gyms don't look the same because had already sunk 10+hours into it and just wanted to be creative.

17. recaltotal

Local Time:
    been as it seems tht myms has no way to do this if i find a good updated version i will be no choice but to leave im rearli starting to enjoy being with myms but lets see what happens