Please remove/ban the blue power items that are lagging the server

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by ImADolphin8, Jun 25, 2017.

1. ImADolphin8

ImADolphin8 New Member

Local Time:
    11:31 AM
    Please remove/ban the blue power items that are lagging the server(tekkit legends).
    Why?
    <Removed>
    (and i dont have internet issues. Im on a 500x500mbps internet connection and i have 5 bars ingame) AND WHEN I <Removed>TRY TO PROGRAM I WRITE ONE <Removed> LETTER IN THE COMPUTER AND IT TAKES USUALLY 2-24 SECONDS TO APEAR.
    So what can you do about it? Remove the things that couse the lagg which are mainly blue power setups

*Admin note* Please adhere to our community guidelines and rules at all times, both in-game and on the forums. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2017
  2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    5:31 AM
    First, language, second, how would YOU know that it's BLUEPOWER specifically, now i'm not questioning that it could be blue power (blue power is such a BAD mod in terms of optimization), but there's thousands of other things that could be the cause

3. ImADolphin8

ImADolphin8 New Member

Local Time:
    The server it´s self says that blue power is creating major lag and then it shows the cordinates(example "[18:49:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] BluePower Setup causing major lag (22) found at: -1411, 93, 2738" taken from my logs) and what i have seen it only says that blue power is causing major lag
    [doublepost=1498423157][/doublepost]just looked through my logs and its only blue power that causes major lag according to the server

4. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    4:31 AM
    @ImADolphin8 ...

I dont even know how to repond to the defecation that you just spuged onto these forums...

1) Yes, BluePower causes lag. It is a mod writen poorly, and was never fully finished.

2) You kiss you husband with that mouth? Hope he uses a mouth condom.

3) The reason that comes up in chat is because MyM knows that BP is laggy, and Slind (I think, it might have been SirWilli) wrote a custom plugin so staff can find the problematic items to remove them.

4) If it is so bad, go find another pack to play, we have alot of them. Their is a list of them in the launcher for fornication sakes.

5) Please learn to control your mouth on the forums, else you find yourself enjoying a mandatory vacation.

6) Have a great day!

5. yurikha27

yurikha27 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:31 AM
    Programming on ComputerCraft computers sucks. That's why you should do all your coding on a local IDE with a local Lua interpreter. If you've got Eclipse installed, there's a plugin for Lua at Lua Development Tools, an IDE for the Lua programming language.

Then, you can use pastebin to transfer your code over to the server. There's no lag this way. You could document it and upload it to GitHub too, in case someone breaks your computer in-game. Remember to write your unit tests and comment your code! That way it's maintainable and you can add features quickly.

And if you've never used an IDE before, you can just use Notepad/TextEdit/gedit/nano for the time being.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  6. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    2:31 AM
    Notepad++ works too. Also, Pastebin can literally interpret correct and incorrect codes for lua, and computer craft has a simple line of code that will copy lua code off of pastebin. It's what I used for my locked doors.

7. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I did take a look for over 2 hours and it is not caused by bluepower.
    Something causes a lot of ic2 cables to be unloaded every 10-30 seconds which causes the lag spikes. Unfortunately I couldn't find a solution for this.

Rohen likes this.