1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Note: All passwords have been invalidated, please use Lost Password to create a new password. More info...
    Dismiss Notice

Info PO3 rollback and update issues

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HanoverFist69, Sep 21, 2022 at 12:28 AM.

1. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    10:13 AM
    As many of you are aware, the recent Project Ozone 3 update removed Extra Cells and downgraded EnderIO. This caused a mountain of headaches and tons of lost items. So, we rolled back the server to the last update in order to give players a chance to remove these Extra Cells drives from their Applied Energistics networks.

We will be updating to 3.4.9 on October 1st. Be sure you have transferred all items out of any Extra Cells drives (16384k) before this time. Any items lost during the update will not be refunded.

BetaPetey likes this.
  2. Xehala23

Xehala23 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:13 PM
    so much progress lost :C the big sadge

3. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    7:13 PM
    Hmmm i hope this means i get my jetpack back. think i still had it before the update :D

Sad for the rest though... i made sooo much progres... gotta do all that shpoop again...

@HanoverFist69 is there any chance that we can say... wait for the next update and that you revert our bases to before this disaster? cuz i lost a heapload of progress that i do not wish to have to repeat... it's enough for me to stop playing altogether again, because this is really demotivating.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022 at 1:21 AM
  4. ItsTyrone

ItsTyrone Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    10:13 AM
    I definitely feel you there. I had gotten to transmutation table on Mythic (literally fully assembled, trying to figure out why the philo stone wasn't working in the recipe) right when the update hit, so you can imagine how much different my base was a day later with my whole storage system re-done with the transmutation chamber, tons of machines moves and interfaces and recipes re-done, got the wand of animation and set up that whole deal...

Much as I hate to see my progress since the update rolled back, I'd much rather see that rollback happen than have people lose everything they had up to this point that was in extracells storage - this is definitely the right course of action and I am really glad to see the admins take this step to make sure players have a fair chance to retrieve their items.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022 at 3:29 AM
    SovereignEternal likes this.
  5. deepcage

Local Time:
    Wish people would return to Po3k... ever since the rollback, i barely seen anyone online or play. Some people login, see the rollback, ragequit.

6. osirisgothra

osirisgothra Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Suddenly very glad I stayed away from Extra Cells because it always had problems and could be unreliable, causing lag and whatnot unless properly used or used in very specific ways. Is there a list of what the Ender IO downgrade is going to affect?

7. deepcage

Local Time:
    i can tell you in part. They are at least removing the Data Conduits and Inventory Panel. So no more EnderIO early game inventory system. I used that a lot, so im a bit saddened they are taking that out. That being said though... it was slow as *bleep*. Crafting was easier, but returning items to the system or crafting many stacks of the same item was definitely slower then using chests or the AE2 system. Because of the removal of the inventory panel and data conduits, its also very likely the remote awareness upgrade is being removed, because that only works in tandem with the inventory panel. Not sure what else of EnderIO is being removed. I checked the patchnotes, but there wasnt much detail about which items specifically were being removed.

The update will also remove "lens of the miner". Which currently gives progress-breaking ores from places you would normally not be able to go yet. For example it gives Desh ore. I havent even started galacticraft. But now i got ores from Keppler 22b, white gem ore, jupiter mercury ore, all that stuff and i havent even been off-planet yet. So while the update isnt here yet, better craft one and slap it on a pickaxe. The lens will still work after the update, but it will no longer be craftable. it is very powerful and will save you a lot of time in the long run.

osirisgothra likes this.
  8. osirisgothra

osirisgothra Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It figures!!! I just made a bunch of those inventory storage system warehouses, data cables, inventory panels, and remotes. I guess those will be useless now... man that sucks. Luckily, I am almost past the point of needing them. Still, l wanted to use them for lesser systems that needed less automation. I guess not anymore, though *sniff*!!!

They should have had RS in this pack, that would have been a real nice early-to-mid game storage solution. It might not be as advanced as AE2, but it is pretty good when it comes to high volume systems with low lag. Also, it deals with fluids and items natively, so it doesn't need an extra mod for that.

Unfortunately, if we are losing extra cells, that means no more AE fluids, right? Can't remember because I always steered clear of Extra Cells, but I think that's the only way IIRC...

Also, just wondering, you can't get those ores you were talking about from the orechid or IF mining laser can you? I remember vaguely getting some exotic looking ores from orechid but don't remember which ones since I never really use them that much because they give me many ores I don't need. I kinda went super OP with the sieve setup so it takes care of all my basic materials and then some. Don't worry though, I didn't overstate or anything, the sieves are double overflow-protected. Plus, if there was an overflow, the system uses toast notification, so I'd know anywhere, anytime it happened. I don't run them offline because they provide so much while I'm on that I'd never need to. (Oops sorry I kinda went off on a tangent and then did a sermon there!! LOL).

I think I've talked off enough ears for one day, bye!