1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Community Event Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by AyeItsKatieMC, Nov 13, 2021.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

2. No

3. POTATO

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:47 AM
    Back when 1.7 was still experimental I used to be a admin on a different modded network (not naming it to avoid advertising and it doesn't even exist anymore) But I have fond memories of the community getting together and building different themed spawns for the holidays for the hub server so like a Christmas Village for Christmas. If that's not possible I was thinking instead we could do a build battle style event (similar to the back to school event we had a few years ago) that includes all the Holidays in December so your build could be Hanukah themed, Christmas Themed or New Years themed (I apologize if I missed any major holidays but I'm not a walking Wikipedia)

PS. I'm fine with this post being removed if the admins see fit

2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:47 PM
    Event... wow... I havent heard this word on MyM for so long...

Most problematic matter about building events is the community is spread across multiple packs and some offer more variety of mods adding different blocks that would fit the theme and so its harder to decide who build the best built.

I'd love to build something but... only if it was creative mode so i dont need to spend X% of time just to gather the blocks i need to build.

3. AyeItsKatieMC

Local Time:
    Yeah I was thinking we could use the Infinity modpack as a baseline for the server hosted for the event since I believe that's the pack we used for the Back to School event

4. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    8:47 AM
    This sounds like an awesome idea! Also, I am offended that I cannot choose yes and potato

5. AyeItsKatieMC

Local Time:
    Yeah I was even thinking if enough people participated maybe there could be a prize for the top three builders (if we go the build battle route) maybe something like free patron for a month or maybe a custom rank on the discord server

6. AyeItsKatieMC

Local Time:
    Bump so hopefully more people will see and comment /vote