Possible Non-Donor Reserve Slots?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by JieSheng03, Jun 29, 2021.

1. JieSheng03

JieSheng03 Active Member

Local Time:
    1:44 PM
    Like most packs at launch on MyM, the servers will usually be filled to max player capacity with donors/patrons. Having at least 18 patrons on the server at any point means regular players cannot join the server anymore.
    This is usually bad for certain unlucky regular players that requires a "relog" to fix certain client-side bug.
    Example(s): Inventory bug, world not loading client-side bug. Or even crashes.
    With the server now full, the player will just have to wait till either the server have empty slots or server restarts. Thus, I have a few suggestions:

Hard-to-implement Suggestions:
    A possible timer that allows regulars player to join back if the server the player wasn't afk before (can't join back if the player was AFK-Kicked).

Have possible allocation limit for non patrons. Example always allow maximum of 5 regular players even if the server is full.

Those stated above might be a little bit related to mym.li/f/30909/.

Personal thoughts/ideas/suggestions:
    Maybe it is possible to set up purchasable "reserve slots" with vote tokens? Example a day of reserve slot permissions with ~50 tokens?

Or rather rewarding players with reserve slot permissions if they vote at least 7-9 vote sites that day.

With both idea stated, it might still highly be decided against as we players don't really contribute/help with the cost/hosting of servers, and with more players, we are more likely going to pull the server performance down, but still I am willing to try my luck and see how it goes!

Any feedbacks are welcomed! :)

2. BetaPetey

BetaPetey Administrator Booster

Local Time:
    1:44 AM
    I see your point with this and I've talked with a few people about this issue. It's hard to come up with a fair solution that everyone agrees to since those with reserved slots paid for that perk. In my opinion it's unfair that regular players who don't have a legacy tier or patron are unable to join most of the time since the server is full. This pretty much rules out any chance for those who haven't paid for the reserved slot to get on the server and play. Maybe instead of having a purchasable reserved slot with tokens it would be better to give out a reserved slot to the Top 3 voters of the week. This could still give every regular player a chance at getting on the server.

3. JieSheng03

JieSheng03 Active Member

Local Time:
    1:44 PM
    I was thinking about giving to the top 3 voters of the week too, but sometimes the top voters might not be playing on servers that are full/top voters of the week are usually those that also attains top monthly voter, which gets patron-perk anyways. Maybe top 3 non-patron voters of the week?

4. BetaPetey

BetaPetey Administrator Booster

Local Time:
    I was thinking of this issue too that could be a solution giving it to non-patron voters only. If the player doesn't want it they could always give it away to another player. I don't think it'll be a problem with transferring it to another player if asked for.

JieSheng03 likes this.
  5. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    7:44 AM
    After reading much of this, i was wondering... Friendpass from Patron's only gives access to patron servers right? it does not grant that player a reserved slot on said servers amirite? otherwise it might be an idea to include a reserved slot into the friendpass system. That way you can friendpass friends (not random people) and let them also enjoy a pack whenever they want and not just when theres room.

JieSheng03 and BetaPetey like this.
  6. BlazeFTB

BlazeFTB Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Is there a way that players who have the reserve slot perk don’t count towards the player cap in general on the server. Say you have five patrons/legacy tier owners on the server and that’s everyone who is on the server is there a way to trick the server software into reading zero players online.

7. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    10:44 PM
    Correct. Just grants access. Doesnt allow early access or bypassing player limit.

8. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    10:44 PM
    The main issue here is 1.12 servers CANNOT support 24+ players. They go to hell pretty fast once you cross that line. In the end there isn't really much we can do. Though we are definitely open to suggestions :)

BookerTheGeek and LadyRen13 like this.