Done Request Help Setting up a Server That Can Run Plugins

Discussion in 'Other' started by sporefreak, Oct 13, 2015.

1. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:18 AM
    Hey so my day long Google search for guides on how to set up a bukkit server (or anything that can run plugins (or at least a protection SomethingRather) has failed, for the second time in 3 weeks.
    Not sure if anyone here could help me out?

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    12:18 PM
    There a tons of youtube videos which explain it. We also have a few but in german and outdated. (Playlist)

3. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:18 AM
    it's the outdated that makes everything I throw together not work. the websites have changed 99% of the time. following the videos step by step and making sure I'm using the exact same versions as said video never seems to work. I know I'm probably missing a key part as this happens with just about every new thing i try to do and i almost always have to hack together something that works and no one knows how, (My current server has been deemed impossible by at least 3 different support emails when i was still trying to get it set up. I got it set up and told them my fix and they all said that it's "impossible and shouldn't be working right now" but it is, now I'm trying to throw together a bukket server so I can add some simple protection (I wish I could find a mod, but every link goes to a bukkit request/plugin)
    Also German.

4. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    11:18 PM
  5. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:18 PM
    I know MyTown is a forge-based protection-system (it's a mod)
    MyTown | MinecraftForums