Done Responsible for chunk loader

Discussion in 'Sky Factory 3' started by gokhyildiz, Jul 14, 2018.

1. gokhyildiz

gokhyildiz Member

Local Time:
    10:04 AM
    Hello everyone,
    Im new at the server. I made a mobtrap consisting of a dark room, but the room still has yellow light (multiplied). this light must be red. Is there a problem with this situation? I also did not fully understand how the chunk loader system works. Thank you so much.

2. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:04 AM
    Hello gokhyildiz,

In the described mob trap room, are you certain nothing emits light there? Sometimes blocks can emit light or a pesky light source could have snuck in. If not, I would recommend building the room by hand instead of using a builder's wand, assuming that is what you did. If that doesnt work again, I would recommend tearing the whole trap down and attempting to rebuild it in another chunk. Please let us know if any of these tips helped you, we await your response.

As for the chunk loader system, there are a few really good guides on the forum (here is one of them Click me). Though I will provide a summary here: The chunk loader system is based upon two different types of chunkloading: Online chunkloaders (Iron blocks) and offline chunkloaders (Gold blocks).

First I will explain what tickets are. Tickets are the currency used for running a chunk loader. Each chunkloader will require a certain amount of tickets to run, and will continue to require tickets throughout it's runtime. To obtain tickets, you will have to buy them with tokens in /menu (click the emerald once to make tickets appear). Tokens are obtained through voting, and one token can be used to buy 10000 tickets for chunkloading.

Online chunkloaders: An online chunkloader is an iron block. Whenever you want to turn the iron block into a chunkloader, simply shift+right click on it and a menu will pop up. In the menu there will be a few different options. One for disabling the chunkloader on the far left, 3 options for enabling the chunk loader with different chunk sizes and one option for seeing the amount of tickets you have. The different green dyes will tell you the size of the area that the chunkloader will load (I believe it is 1x1, 3x3 and 5x5). Lets say you have enough tickets and you press the 1x1 option. The chunkloader will then load the chunk it is currently in (to see chunk grids press f9). Using the larger sizes, for example 3x3 will result in the chunkloader loading the 8 surrounding chunks as well as the one it is currently in, for a larger ticket price. The larger chunkloading options also brings us over to the next important part of chunkloaders; Chunkloading limits (the amounts of chunks you can load at once) In order to see how many you can load, simply view this list here:

• Default player: 9 online chunks and 3 offline chunks
    • Patron tier 1: 12 online chunks and 6 offline chunks
    • Patron tier 2: 16 online chunks and 9 offline chunks
    • Patron tier 3: 32 online chunks and 16 offline chunks

Please note that creating a chunk loader will in fact use up the amount of chunks equal to what multiplying the two numbers together instead of just one of the factors. For example: A 3x3 chunkloader will take 9 chunks, not 3.
    Online chunkloaders have their name originating from the fact that they will only load the chunks selected when you are online.

Offline chunkloaders: Offline chunkloaders have the same concept as an online chunkloader, except it is a gold block and will function even when you are offline! To create an offline chunkloader, you simply use the same steps as the online chunkloader, though it costs more tickets to run. Offline chunkloaders, as mentioned, will work while you are offline. When you log out while having a gold chunkloader active in your base per say, it will expand by 5 times it size effectively loading a much larger grid when you are offline than when you are online. Offline chunkloaders also use the same limit as the online ones (see list above) as well as the same tickets.

All chunkloaders can also be activated and deactivated using redstone signals.

I hope this helps you out :)

-tonalom

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    gokhyildiz and Punane like this.
  3. Punane

Punane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hi, gokhyildiz

Did you use a builders wand to make the dark room for the mobs to spawn? If so then this light glitch is a fairly common issue. Just rebuild your mob farm by hand and it should eliminate this issue or at the very least reduce it.

The chunk loaders system is fairly simple. You can use /cm command and read what it says for in game help.

1. You vote and gain tokens by doing so. You can find sites to vote on by using /vote in game or find more in our forums.
    2. Now that you have tokens you use /menu and navigate through the options there to redeem more chunk loader tickets.
    3. Well done, you now have tickets to use in your chunk loader!
    4. Press F3+G to see the chunk borders and place down an iron or gold block in the chunk you want to keep loaded.
    5. Iron block allows for chunk loading only when you are online while gold block also allows chunk loading when you are offline at an increased cost.
    6. Shift click on the newly placed iron block to open its interface and select 1x1 or 3x3. By default you can only load 9 chunks online and 3 offline.
    7. The chunk loader will use up X tickets per minute and will stop working if it runs out of tickets.
    8. If you want to move or stop the chunk loader then you need to open up its interface and stop it through that. Only then can you safely break it.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Have a lovely day,

Punane

Ps, why do you do this, Tonalom, why?! :D

gokhyildiz and tonalom like this.
  4. gokhyildiz

gokhyildiz Member

Local Time:
    i have a problem, "you reached your chunk loader limit (3 available, 81 needed)" when i choose 9x9 (gold block) it says this error message.

5. Punane

Punane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Regular non-patrons can only load 9 online chunks (iron) and 3 offline chunks (gold). In Tonalom's spoiler you can see them all listed per patron rank.

6. gokhyildiz

gokhyildiz Member

Local Time:
    I do not own any chunks right now, but there is an error message.

7. Punane

Punane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Can you try to do /cmlist (or /cm list) and see if you have any chunk loaders active according to that?

8. gokhyildiz

gokhyildiz Member

Local Time:

Attached Files:

1.png
      File size:
      56.4 KB
      Views:
      2.png
      File size:
      88.9 KB
      Views:
      3.png
      File size:
      54.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  9. Punane

Punane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Try the command /cm list own. It also looks like you did not get any chunkloader tickets yet. Try to follow the steps 1. and 2. in my first post for that.

gokhyildiz likes this.
  10. gokhyildiz

gokhyildiz Member

Local Time:
  11. Punane

Punane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You just cannot load that many chunks with gold or iron chunk loader. Try using the 1x1 option instead on three gold chunk loaders.
    The commands show that you do not have any active chunk loaders at the moment so that's good.

gokhyildiz likes this.
  12. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:04 AM
    wait as a non patron you can only load 9 chunks in total? It's allmost like your wanting people to create small bases that lagg out the server

gokhyildiz likes this.
  13. Punane

Punane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Correct, non-patron can only load 9 chunks online and 3 offline. Due to our chunk loader cost calculations making smaller bases with a lot of machines in it makes the ticket costs skyrocket and it would not be a thing many players can afford. Only load what you actually need, that is much more efficient and keep our servers lag free.

gokhyildiz likes this.
  14. gokhyildiz

gokhyildiz Member

Local Time:
    ie can i set offline as 3 blocks? such as 3x1 or 1x3. is that you mean? Thank you.

15. brandonlk

Local Time:
    You use 3 1x1 gold chunk loaders

gokhyildiz likes this.
  16. gokhyildiz

gokhyildiz Member

Local Time:
    Okay thank you. How can I effectively evaluate this wise right? As a result, 3(offline) or 9(online) blocks are very small. Thank you.

17. Punane

Punane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The 3 offline and 9 online chunks are rather big, especially since it loads that chunk from the bedrock to the build limit. If you need more space then build up or down.

18. brandonlk

Local Time:
    once again your just wanting people to create their entire base in 9 chunks... Because that went sooo well for the po2k server when 1 chunk bases were popular

19. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:04 AM
    Want to load more chunks? Pay to be a Patron.

Simple!

Punane likes this.
  20. brandonlk

Local Time:
    inb4 our base gets deleted for causing too much lag