Done Server performance incredibly low

Discussion in 'Sky Factory 2' started by GGothicRide, Jun 10, 2016.

1. GGothicRide

GGothicRide The Destroyer

Local Time:
    3:40 AM
    every 10-20 minutes here recently server seems to have time-out errors, crashes, or it stays at 10 and lower tps

this really needs looked at hahaha

Edit: Server is SkyFactory 2.5

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  2. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:40 AM
    You cant @Slind you know XD

3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    10:40 AM
    The pack seems to have a memory leak. Need to keep an eye on it for a few days to be sure. If it is one there might be very little we can do as most memorable leaks are incredible tedious to analyze and finding the source.

4. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    1:40 AM
    Right now the server crashes probably around every 5 to 10 minutes, rolls back and resets the progress made during that time. These crashes+rollbacks are making the server unplayable at this moment.

5. CHRISRHODE2004

CHRISRHODE2004 Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Just wipe it and start over .. teach those a lesson for making all those complicated setups, right now the server is unplayable.

6. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    ABSOLUTELY NOT! 1.) it would kill most of the playerbase 2.) the server's only been up a few weeks 3.) it'd be easier and less player base shredding to have a few staff go around inspecting bases suspected of being lag causing, to name a few reasons

7. Tecknosa

Tecknosa Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    there always seems to be a notice that someones me system is the lagiest the mod should start there

8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    To reset it after 1-6 weeks again when the issue is back?

9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    if the server reset that often, everybody would stop playing before the 2nd reset. that said, it'd be a horrid idea.

10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    It was no actual question, just wanted to point out that it would be no solution.

11. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    i know, wiping the server in spite of a few bad setups would be a wreckless and bashful idea. killing the chicken for clucking, basically.

12. Tecknosa

Local Time:
    as i said before some mods should come in and check the laggys or even send in an admin to trace down the laggiest chunks

13. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    ^

tbh, this is really nerve racking, because you could spend a ton of time then the server will be all like, " oh! i see you've made alot of progress on that reactor! let me help you..."
    next thing you know, you're right back to square one.
    it's pretty annoying.

14. grouchguy

grouchguy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Can we get this looked at ASAP, server is almost unplayable. And with Summer in USA, server counts will probably overall be higher. Could we possibly get a second server if this keeps happening? Thanks.

15. MakakPL

MakakPL Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    mabe server wide ban of offline chunk loaders until memory leak fix or more restricted policy fo laggy islands ? ( just kill it kill it with fire ! :) )

16. FerdyG

FerdyG Member

Local Time:
    ^ I agree. Anything to help with the lag. At this point the server is crashing every hour or so, if not less.

17. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    this seriously needs to be on high priority, because it's starting to cost people bigtime[DOUBLEPOST=1465720261,1465713702][/DOUBLEPOST]dear freaking lord, this server rebooting is getting more and more common, soon it'll be just crashing, going up, then crashing again

18. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Unfortunately all those suggestions on what to do won't help in any way with a memory leak :(

WorCannibal likes this.
  19. WorCannibal

WorCannibal Blasphemy is a victimless crime

Local Time:
    4:40 AM
    The lag is just a symptom, not the cause of the problem. No single bad setup is causing the problem as Slind has mentioned. Memory leaks in particular are extraordinarily difficult to diagnose as you need to look at the system(s) as a whole leveraging instrumentation, not just the code-base. Even if the problem is found there is no guarantee a fix can be applied. If the problem is in a core mod it can be removed but may cause other problems (there's a balance of mods in pack). Otherwise a bug report can be made and we all wait for the developer to fix it.

Best way us players can help is to be patient and understanding. :)

Mouro likes this.
  20. Tecknosa

Local Time:
    i understand what slind is saying and i agree but my point of going after the worst offenders, which is mym policy, still seems like a stop gap solution but it is still something nonetheless. and maybe instead of rebooting every hr we get every 2-3 hrs instead.