Server Reset

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by jg1203, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jg1203

jg1203 New Member

Local Time:
    12:45 AM
    My Assumption:
    Horizons Mod Pack needs to add some new things, but will require a map clear?
    Usually people who know a restart is going to happen soon are eager for it?

So a lot of people have been talking about the server going to be reset soon to put in stuff like Biomes of Plenty. The thing is most people are divided into either wanting the reset or not wanting the reset. Since a reset is inevitable due to this being a beta modpack, everyone will lose their work done and will have to restart. I am not saying restarting is a bad thing (whenever you get on a new server you essentially restart from scratch or the basic kits). But since many people already know about the reset, I believe that some will think, "why bother creating a 100 block fortress if its going to disappear in a few weeks after the server clears the map". Im going off my assumptions above to say that my main point is I believe delaying a reset is pointless. Note: I'm basing this off my own ideas from my assumptions above. Im sorry for wasting everyones time for reading this if my assumptions are wrong. Thank you.

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    8:45 AM
    Is this accorting to monster or horizons ? As I said that there will be no reset until ftb launches a stable build for horizons. But if ther players realy want a reset, we can do this. But keep in mind that the bop and atg may break the map again with the next update.

3. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    2:45 AM
    Do we have a definitive yes or no? I don't want to spend all weekend removing this mountain just to reset in a few days. If a reset is imminent then i would rather experiment with the mods

4. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Take a look at the following post, I won´t oppose agains the community, but might take a few days, as resetting the Monster Server took a lot of time and I need a small break. ;)

Horizons map reset? | MineYourMind Community

5. ssbbpeople

ssbbpeople New Member

Local Time:
    1:45 AM
    YES PLEASE! To many houses in the overworld which arnt even houses, too many destroyed structures it just looks SO UGLY!

Aighato likes this.
  6. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.