Sevtech - rare drop items

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by c0mical, Jun 24, 2018.

1. c0mical

c0mical Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:02 AM
    Hi

I've been playing through Sevtech (and enjoying mostly it)

Unfortunately I have hit (and I expect this will happen in future too) problems with items that require drops to advance/enhance

the ones I can think of was the first shadow gem (hostiles mobs were not spawning in the darklands in the farming dim for several ingame days and then just did

enderdust (although this has an option of being in the daily mod drops server upgrade)

ring of ascend, I understand that mob bosses are (still) bugged in the betweenland so choices are limited to looting in the first couple of hours after the weekly reset, which for me isnt ideal

I think there are also fiery nuggets and maybe some other items from the twilight forest

Id like to get the iron apple to unlock journeymap early, but that does not seem to be possible from a time value perspective

One thought I did have was to have these available in the mob drop starter kit (whether that be in + one, or its own kit that can perhaps only be called once)

I'm not sure how balanced that would be

Maybe there would be a possibility of having these dimension duplicated with a daily reset schedule (I dont know if that is possible)

Id like another way to acquire those items apart from spawning, but in a way that it isnt just a mindless gimme but it is something that we as players have more control over

of course I could be missing something entirely or have some holes in my understanding which could be affecting my experiences?

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:02 AM
    Shadow gems are already in mobdrops and mobdrops+ kits (though it wasn't documented) on the day the pack went live and there were issues with our shadowy friends. The rest of it would require thinking :)

3. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    is there other (less p2w) ways of getting these "shadow gems" easier?

Willshaper likes this.
  4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:02 AM
    The easiest way is to ask someone if they have a spawner and use it, I know that Cilo claimed one in the farmworld to ensure it was usable and not destroyed, it was how I gathered my shadowgems

5. Willshaper

Willshaper Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:02 AM
    The problem with that is that on half the servers, you are unable to attack enemies in another players claim.

This is also real annoying when going to the nether to collect Blaze rods, but all blaze spawners have been claimed, and the blazes ain't gonna move from the spot.

In my opition, you should be able to attack hostile enemies in player claims, in all worlds except overworld.

6. c0mical

c0mical Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hi, dont want to pester, but have you had any more thoughts on this?