Staff are players too

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Kutao217, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Kutao217

Kutao217 New Member

Local Time:
    10:43 PM
    I know many players argue with the staff when they have to remind the player base what is ok and what is not ok according to the rules. He's something for you: We are players as well. Sometimes I don't even get to play any packs for long due to arguments about our rules. I love being able to help the player base and love being able to be friendly and nice but I want to play too. We go through training, we do our best to help with tickets, forum posts and even joke and play with others but it gets hard to do when we are called names, have negative things said about us and even to the point that everyone wants to blame us for the rules we enforce. We have a forum for a reason. The reason is so everyone is heard.

So next time a staff member perks up to tell you not to say bad things, we are players as well. It's where we started and it's where we will always end up. Thank you for listening to my little post :D

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. CheshireLill

CheshireLill Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:43 PM
    I agree with my buddy Kutao.

It sometimes seems as though our players do forget that. Or even get angry with us because we don't know all the mods. We have to learn the same as you all do. We don't get paid for being staff. There are no perks (other than knowing others are having fun as well). We understand frustrations with low tps and machines breaking. ^_^ A bit of patience goes a long way for everyone!

See ya on the servers <3

M4sterOx, LunaBlossoms and Kutao217 like this.
  3. Varrili

Varrili Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:43 PM
    Well said Kutao; this is true most of the time when I play I'm helping other people with there tickets and bugs.

4. metalobism

metalobism Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Another thing to remember is staff members have lives as well. They have jobs and families and school and real life responsibilities and on to of all of that they take the time to help their fellow players and work to make this network great. When you find that a staff member doesn't know a specific mod don't get angry with them, because most times they have most if not all of the modpacks downloaded and have only had time to play on a few. They have all these modpacks downloaded, not for their own benefit but for the community's. So next time you see a staff member make sure you thank them, because if you don't then nobody will, and it isn't much fun being staff when you are unappreciated.

5. ShadeVahKiin

ShadeVahKiin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Why would you argue with the staff in the first place?

Ackross likes this.
  6. Kutao217

Kutao217 New Member

Local Time:
    Sometimes I wonder that myself. It seems so many people want to prove they are right but we follow the rules and if we step out of line we are warned about it too.

7. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:43 AM
    I'm not a player, i just mine a lot... :headphone: *Drops mic*

But yes, well said. Some times i to just want to be a player also.
    Sometimes it is hard to find that balanced between playing and working.

Rebel86Redneck and LunaBlossoms like this.
  8. Kutao217

Kutao217 New Member

Local Time:
    I just wanted to give everyone a view on what our side of things are. It's not always fun, we lose stuff, we find bugs while playing and we tend to the player base. It's what we do. We are staff but we are players as well.

ManaJester and Rebel86Redneck like this.
  9. Rebel86Redneck

Rebel86Redneck New Member

Local Time:
    Well said and i totally agree.Being a fresh Jr. Mod, with training to be a full mod, learning my roles and living my life, we dont have much time to play but we did start as a player. We do have to follow the same rules we enforce to all other players. We dont have special rules we follow. Again well said Kutao and i hope everyone has fun playing on the server and i hope to help everyone out in need.

profrags likes this.
  10. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:43 AM
    There is no point to arguing u guys know the rule because if u didn't u wouldn't be a mod and people should respect that and so what if you don't know all the mods people need to understand there are many packs on mum a lot with different mods so got a question ask google or make a forum post
    Also you guys do great work thanks :)

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Kutao217 likes this.
  11. metalobism

Local Time:
    Wiki's are also helpful and i can tell you most times if a staff member has a question on a particular aspect of a mod usually they pull up a wiki or a youtube video to figure it out. These tools are available to everyone, and most of the "good" players of the modpacks (or at least the ones with the least laggy and most thought out setups) utilize them.
    Knowledge is power.

12. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    but google is a good tool to find the wikis :D

13. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:43 PM
    Just remember. Google is your friend. And I'll straight out say if I don't know about something. :p

14. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  15. Kutao217

Kutao217 New Member

Local Time:
    Google or youtube! I can't express enough that these places have so many useful tips and tricks.[DOUBLEPOST=1450577509][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I would like to add: Thank you so much. That does mean a lot! We do what we can to make things easier but we also can't do everything.

CheshireLill likes this.
  16. metalobism

Local Time:
    best response to questions on mods can be found here.

CheshireLill likes this.
  17. KuraUchiha

KuraUchiha New Member

Local Time:
    7:43 PM
    Well said

18. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Not only google but the great community around you peeps these people know everything when it comes to mods just ask in the chat you will be surprised by the knowledge that people posses

19. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Personally looking from an outside view point this just strngthens my point, boths sides sometimes forget who they are

20. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    KuraUchiha likes this.