Stoneblock -- Weekly resets of Nether

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by HanoverFist69, Oct 26, 2018.

1. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    10:38 PM
    Everyone is using nether to open chance cubes. The nether quickly became mostly decimated and filled with literal tons of junk fluids, villages, etc. This server has only been up a couple weeks and i don't think a full month of that on a regular basis would be good for anyone or the tps.

We don't need to do much there, so weekly resets "probably" wouldn't jeopardize peoples machines, etc. Maybe consider weekly resets if it continues to be like this.

2. Marbliss

Marbliss Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:38 AM
  3. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    From what I've heard, the update disabled fluid-based chance cube outputs. So there's one major problem solved. But yes, I'd have to agree that, with such a large server population, it'd be advisable to reset the Nether weekly when it has that kind of usage.

4. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:38 AM
    Or just ban the use of opening Chance Cubes in the Nether like on PO2 or POLite

5. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:38 AM
    Which then just causes a bunch of issues around the limited space your base is in on stoneblock.
    Although I guess it would teach you to clean your own mess up.... ;)

6. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    My main problem with regular resets (as I've mentioned in other threads before) is that with the standard policy of not allowing wither spawning in the main world, there needs to be a designated dimension for (auto-)killing withers (not just on stoneblock but on all MyM servers ideally) that DOESN'T reset... ripping down and rebuilding my wither grinder once a month on previous servers was annoying enough already, expecting people to rebuild them once a week would be just plain stupid.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    pizzaluc likes this.
  7. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    You don't need a wither farm on stone block if you work fast you can whit in 24 hours have a Philo stone and the transmutation tablet therefore a nether wither farm is useless

8. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    In your opinion perhaps, personally I would consider using EMC to make netherstars extremely wasteful given how easy they are to farm with a decent grinder compared to their relatively high EMC value.

9. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I would not make them though emc caus there items worth more

10. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Well what the smeg is your point then? If you wouldn't make netherstars from EMC then how does being able to react projectE within 24h make a wither farm in any way useless?

11. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    There's really no need for a wither farm it's a luxury to have and iam pretty sure the pack has woot there for no need for wither farm in the nether

12. Chetwynd

Local Time:
    Maybe having a nether farmworld could be an option?
    All chancecube opening could be done there?
    [doublepost=1540827850][/doublepost]
    Yeah, If there woot, There is no need for a witherfarm in the nether at all.

Fireforce likes this.
  13. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    There is Woot, yes, but you do still need a decent amount of nether stars in order to get the right kind of Woot farm to "spawn" withers. So having a wither farm up for ~a week is easily going to produce more than enough nether stars for that. Even just having it run for a day would do you plenty.

14. Chetwynd

Local Time:
    Well having it open for a day, Is less then a week so it should be fine if the resets go down to a week ;)

15. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    Wither can be spawned in Compact Machines. Very useful :)

Fireforce, Chetwynd and mrminesheeps like this.