TeraFirmaCraft

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by M1NN10N, Dec 2, 2015.

?

TFC pick one

Poll closed Dec 12, 2015.
  1. TechnoFirmaCraft

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. TechNodeFirmaCraft

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Potato

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other comment below

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. TerraFirmaPack

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. M1NN10N

M1NN10N Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:24 AM
    So as some of you know I am working on getting a TFC server brought up for all of us to play on.

I am opening this thread to get a little feedback and hope to have some things worked out by Friday.
    The first thing we need to work out is which pack we would like to play on. The options I have come up with is:
    TechnoFirmaCraft or TechNodeFirmaCraft.

Personally I like TechNodeFirmaCraft better, as it is updated quite frequently(once per week).

I do not have experience with TechnoFirmaCraft so I can't have much of an opinion on it.

Ultimately I will leave this decision to the public.

2. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:24 AM
    I've been watching a let's play of TechNodefermacraft. Looks so fun; I love learning new things! I hope we get this new server up soon so I can no life it over my month long holiday break >:D

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  3. M1NN10N

M1NN10N Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would like to get this server up by next weekend. For the people that will be on break and vacation over the holidays.

4. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Gah. The IE + TFC would be so much fun! I want this now haha[DOUBLEPOST=1449035698,1449035606][/DOUBLEPOST]Are there plans to ignore the mob limit? Seems like it would be really hard to play passive mobs despawning..

5. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:24 PM
    Links to the Packs

TechnodeFirmacraft: ATLauncher - TechNodefirmacraft
    -mechanism, railcraft, steve's carts, Immersive engineering, weather are some of the base mods.

TechnoFirmaCraft: [1.7.10] Technofirma - Terrafirmacraft Modpack | Feed the Beast
    -Uses Electrical Age, Thaumcraft, carpenterblocks weather and Flan's, along with some add ons

TerraFirmaPack: ATLauncher - TerrafirmaPack
    -Stays close to vanilla TFC, mainly has all the add ones like Celler, water sac, decorations..ect.
    -This would be my choice, since it it relatively light, Since TFC climate are Z=0 is the equator, Z= 30,000 is the artic circle. The would will need to be really large.

Demonica6666 and Mijikai like this.
  6. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:24 PM
    Personally I prefer TerraFirma or TechnoFirma, but ultimately, I have to choose TerraFirmaPack.

Experiencing Terrafirmacraft in D.I.E was a lot more fun, than having machines everywhere honestly, I enjoyed.. just playing that mod, that's what made D.I.E so fun, I would hate having mods like Mechanism and Immersive Engineering in such a pack to be honest, breaks the mod for me.

I agree with TerraFirmaPack

Demonica6666 and Lawmonark like this.
  7. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    I feel the same way. TFC with the add-ons of TerraFirmaPack is perfect. Once you start adding all those mods, TFC loses it appeal. I did a lot of playing of TechnoFirmaCraft, while it was fun, it didnt feel the same. Not to mention the performance hit from weathers mod.

Mijikai likes this.
  8. ElectricLemonade

ElectricLemonade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have to agree with Mijikai and Krhymez. Terrafirmacraft is such a good progressive mod in and of itself. To me it may lose it's appeal straying too far from vanilla.

Lawmonark likes this.
  9. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Not to mention it makes trading and traveling fun. I fear with too many mods... stuff will become way to easy and boring.
    TFC at its core is a slow progression and expanding mod. TerraFirmaPack just expands on it with utility add ons.

10. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I see the point you three are making; and I have watched both let's play on vanilla TFC and TechNodeFirmacraft.. I can say I would must rather prefer the TechNodeFC for the following reasons:

• I enjoy playing with people; MyM is a known network for hosting modded Minecraft and modpacks
    If we opened a TechNodeFirmacraft server for the public it would be a step in a new direction that most public networks have not taken. Also, it is more of a modded version when compared to vanilla TFC. I think TechNodeFirmacraft would attract much more people.​
    • Next, I personally enjoy automation. It's one of the reasons I stopped playing vanilla and started playing FTB Ultimate a few years ago. So in addition to the factor of drawing more people in; TechNodeFirmaCraft will add the automation in ways similar to Regrowth which one of our most popular servers (I.E. Automation that requires thinking and not just the classic AE autocraft everything in NEI). The reason I personally have never tried out vanilla TFC is just due to the fact that I don't building huge complex automation using pipes/etc... I do mind having to create a sorting system or any sort of system just using vanilla redstone mechanics; it is just too boring for me.
      • TFC; mostly vanilla mechanics for automation
      • Technode; huge variety of options for automation, extremely balanced, and no easy GG mods like AE2, DE, etc.
    • As @M1NN10N pointed out, TechNodeFirma craft gets updated very often. Sure, this will not always be the case... However, people love updates. They often bring new mechanics/options and keeps people learning new things: people keep playing.
      • Frequent updates.
    • The tech mods that are in TechNodeFirmacraft are some of the big ones.. PneumaticCraft, Immersive Engineering, and Mekanism. These mods are known to cause lag when set up poorly/extreme amounts of machines (namely Mekanism pipes..) However, I think due to the small amount of mods in the pack it the TPS drain caused by these mods would not be much of an issue
      • Possible TPS drain caused by Tech Mods
    • Modded TFC obviously defeats part of the purpose of TFC (how vanilla Minecraft should have been) (vanilla Minecraft done right).

I know I was quite biased towards TechNodeFirmacraft over Vanilla TFC. I just got super excited when I saw the modlist for TechNodeFirmacraft and said... "heck yea, that is something that I would actually enjoy playing". If it ends up being Vanilla TFC, I probably will just stay on IE: Expert just because it doesn't seem to interest me the way that modded TFC does.

Anyways.. This is just my opinion! :D

11. Rednek_Rage

Rednek_Rage Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    TerraFirmaCraft may have some nostalgia appeal, but ultimately I can't see it surviving long. Once you advance through the metal age, it gets dull rather quickly unless you're a builder. Adding tech mods gives us folks who couldn't care less about building and such mess somewhere to go for a true end game. TerraFirmaCraft is just like Vanilla+ hardmode IMHO.

Zxirl and chugga_fan like this.
  12. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:24 PM
    I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd like this to appeal to everyone, but wasn't the conversation around the original thread regarding a vanilla version of Terra?
    I thought this was what everyone wanted anyway, considering the poll votes regarding this: Vanilla Terrafirmacraft, Would you play it? | MineYourMind Community

Personally, I kind of agree, sure there isn't that much progression, but is this supposed to appeal progression?

I mean, sure that's just my opinion, but that's what got me hyped up for Terrafirmacraft in the first place, a vanilla version.

13. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It needs to; otherwise the server will last a week and then people will lose interest.

14. ElectricLemonade

Local Time:
    Consider this. With the addition of mods, there is no progression in vanilla minecaft any longer. Anyone can join a vanilla minecraft server and have endgame items within the day. So why are vanilla servers still so popular? My thought is the economy aspect. Buying and selling and trading. Roll playing to some degree. Yes, we are a modded network so the majority of our player base is inclined to a progression based pack, but I see this as a great opportunity to appeal to other players who may be more geared to that economy/roll play style game play and still have a mod that is very entertaining to progress through. I myself enjoy both the progression and the economy, so I would be very satisfied with any of the choices. But it's just something to consider.

15. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We have a vanilla plus server; it doesn't have many people on.

I disagree that just because there are mods in TNFC means the progression is gone. All recipes are still heavily modified so that you need to progress to normal endgame TFC status before you can even start playing with the mods.. So in this case, you get to enjoy both vanilla-esque progression followed by modded progression.

16. ElectricLemonade

Local Time:
    We also don't advertise our vanilla+ server the way we do our modded servers. But I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't saying that adding mods like in TNFC it would take away the progression. I was referring to there being no progression in vanilla minecraft. Adding mods, adds more progression. But like I said, I enjoy but the progression side and the economy side. I'm sure there are many players on our network that enjoy both as well. Honestly, I could see the potential for both to be successful.

17. MrWisski

MrWisski Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I'd genuinely like to see a vanilla TFC server, if for no other reason than to give people a chance to get used to TFC mechanics, which are quite different from regular minecraft.

Once we have a workable TFC server, and we've had a chance to play around with it for a bit - THEN we can decide where to go from there.

18. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    7:24 AM
    I would love terrafirmacraft being base around economy and other aspect which lacks on other servers one of the things i really like is the leveling system that terrafirma offers and by that i mean those thing in the players tab showing "Farming" "Foraging and stuff it would be great if players could choose the one they like something i really want to see if like let say i choose to increase my farming level but i need tools and someone its high level on forging or whatever its call we can set trades everytime i need tools and he needs food but i fear that after everyone has gotten to end game terra there will not be anything to do besides building but then i again i am happy if it is vanilla or modded terrafirma

19. Rednek_Rage

Rednek_Rage Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What everyone is forgetting, or so it seems, is that in TechnodeFirmaCraft you have to progress through the original progression to ever get to the other modded content. Also, the best economy I have ever seen would be a toss up between an custom GT based pack, and an old unleashed pack I played on a few years ago. Economy is the one area MYM has always lacked in. It requires a good deal of "regulation" from staff, and rather strict rules to have an RP level economy.

Side Note: Vanilla is still so popular due in part to people not knowing about how mods work, and also to the fact that older PCs can not run the packs. In all of the years I have played, I've never seen someone go back to vanilla from nodded for more than short periods of time, unless they were builders.

Second Side Note: Even on vanilla servers economies can be destroyed. I have seen it happen on numerous occasions.

Zxirl likes this.
  20. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    TerraFirmaPack is "Vanilla like" but has the TFC add ons. Must haves if you ask me.
    Cellars- Make cold storage so foods spoil less
    Water sac- Carry water sacs to hydrate
    Decorations- Decrate blocks using TFC items.
    Ect

Thats what i think would be best[DOUBLEPOST=1449171583][/DOUBLEPOST]
    +100

I can envision trading routes, Towns that "specialize" in ceratin aspects of the game.
    -Fishing Village
    -Farm Village
    -Mining Village
    -Lumber yards

The list goes on.

With all the mods for Techno and Technode pack, stuff becomes overly easy, you can fly...ect.

Mijikai and ElectricLemonade like this.