Implemented The Golem Genocides

Discussion in 'Horizons' started by CalusV, Mar 30, 2014.

1. CalusV

CalusV New Member

Local Time:
    5:26 PM
    Hey guys

My town members lost all their golems again today. I heard it happened as a lag prevention measure last time, but as we were refunded golems and it was cleared to make them again we spent alot of resources on remaking our golem setups.

Today all the golems disappeared again, I was wondering if there is a more permanent solution to this problem without an admin having to run around refunding everyone? If the golems are such a problem by people spamming them, can we create a max limit of golems per person instead of purging them every week? I'll instruct my town to avoid them when they can but some tasks golem do much better than any other option.

MrRoooo likes this.
  2. MrRoooo

MrRoooo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:26 AM
    The golem genocides were a side of effect of killing other mobs. This last time, we had a witch falling past void. The Co-Admins are happy to refund the golems. Just create a in-game ticket of the lost golem.

EX: /modreq 2 wood golem, 2 harvest, 2 order, 1 straw, 1 tophat

cbrozak likes this.
  3. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:26 AM
    Yes sir Cal, sorry man. Last time was a test this time was a mistake by me. It won't/shouldn't happen again. I will handle the bugged NPC different next time.

Definitely don't need to worry about avoiding golem usages as they so far have had absolutely no issues as far as CPU or RAM usage. An example would be alchemical furnace, a single furnace pipe set up takes significantly more resources than say a golem automation set up, just for an example.

As MrRoooo said, I even feel bad for him as this was purely my fault, I'd be glad to refund all golems. Thank you MrRoooo for helping with that, I appreciate it.

CalusV and MrRoooo like this.
  4. CalusV

CalusV New Member

Local Time:
    It's all cool, is a learning opportunity for everyone with new modpack. I'll send in a modreq, thank you very much for your information.

5. dystrophe

dystrophe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:26 AM
    i assume the golem refund thing is valid in monster too? i didn't know that i just assumed they were lost resources

6. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Sorry Dystrophe, I'm not sure what happened on Monster, my whoopsie was only on Horizons. Sorry man, that might be a different issue. I'd do /modreq and see if someone can investigate to see what happened.

7. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    11:26 AM
    ok i'd like to point out that sometimes the parts of the golem are too long, try my Dog2.0 for example, it's a thaumium golem with a ton of ****

8. sin_samsonsin

sin_samsonsin New Member

Local Time:
    Hmm happend to me half a week ago with my golem, already replaced it and just assumed a skeleton had managed to shoot it through the jars...

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

9. cbrozak

Local Time:
    This might have been the case in this scenario. As far as I know there hasn't been any genocides since this particular incident.

10. sin_samsonsin

sin_samsonsin New Member

Local Time:
    Yea, I haven't lost any since then

11. cbrozak

Local Time:
    I mean this post is from about 7 weeks ago, so a week and a half ago wouldn't have had anything to do with this situation. ;)

12. sin_samsonsin

sin_samsonsin New Member

Local Time:
    Ah xD

cbrozak likes this.