Thoughts on Thaumcraft's aspect-crafting system?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by ImmatureDemon, Nov 22, 2016.

1. ImmatureDemon

ImmatureDemon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:58 AM
    Personally, I can never get very far into Thaumcraft because I can never find a way to get aspects that is reliable, unlike the deconstruction table.

2. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Depends on the aspect, some you need more then others.

3. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    7:58 AM
    Personally thaumcraft is my favorite mod ever ;) I never had much problem with it, but thats cuz I've been doin thaum so long i know a lot of good tricks to get around it :p

4. ImmatureDemon

ImmatureDemon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I meant a good source of the primal ones, 'cuz can't you just make the other ones? (I was talking about the table researching system if you were thinking of infusion.)

5. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    7:58 AM
    Yeah I was talking about reserch as well, not essentia
    And yeah primal aspects are the most annoying to deal with but not too bad if you can work around it ;)

6. Multiface

Multiface Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:58 PM
    Scan everything, nodes are a reliable way to get primal aspects.
    Learn the path, and learn to primal-downgrade or to aspect morph (finding a path to the aspects you have abundant of, such as metal/crystal). Then beat around the bush (goes back and forth to that aspect).
    I've never had any problems with researches. They are fun, easy puzzles.

tyler489 likes this.
  7. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:58 PM
    In some modpacks(like AS2) u just pay some aspects to get research done(it's bad cuz there are plenty of good chest sheets to make research done).
    Good way to get primal aspects and some more is to scan nodes in nether or better in deep dark, today i was so low on aer and go to deep dark and scan multiple nodes and i return with 147 aer to do researches, most needed aspects are praceanto and auram and idk how to obtain them other wasy than just combine aspects...

8. GoldenPalladium

GoldenPalladium Honestly, I'm pretty much dead.

Local Time:
    *peaks out of the void of inactivity to answer Thaumcraft question*

Personally, I'm indifferent towards this system. It's not broken, but it's quite inconvenient. However, nodes will always be your best friend. Like LordEreh said above, you can get plenty of primal aspects (including some praecantatio and auram) from nodes in the nether or the deep dark. Then, just have fun combining them. If you don't know what you need to combine to get the aspect you need, there's a beautiful wiki page for Thaumcraft that can satisfy your needs.