Vote streaks

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Azurith93, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Azurith93

Azurith93 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:40 PM
    Someone may have already suggested this but what about a vote streak for people who vote daily and maybe promote voting in a whole.
    I was thinking like 3 votes in a row = 1-3 more vote tokens, 5=3-5, so on so forth.

The idea is just up in the air if anyone wants to ideas please do. :)

Mouro and Timkoo like this.
  2. Timkoo

Timkoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:40 AM
    It would be great.

3. Medievalclown9

Medievalclown9 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would like to see this but it should be after 10 votes minimum not 3. 3 is too easy to achieve. 10 days solid of voting is worth commending.

4. Azurith93

Local Time:
    Thanks! every once in a while i have an idea or 2 but i can see the devs not wanting to create a plugin for it (understandably).[DOUBLEPOST=1454163516][/DOUBLEPOST]Medieval i understand that i was just giving an example. :)

5. JavaBond

JavaBond Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:40 PM
    Nice idea :)

6. Azurith93

Local Time:
    Thanks JavaBond![DOUBLEPOST=1454164402][/DOUBLEPOST]@chugga_fan what do you think about this Chugga?

7. CPU678

CPU678 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:40 AM
    Great idea in my opinion, would love to see it be implemented.

8. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:40 AM
    I understand what you want implemented but not why? You get 5 vote chances per day (50 tokens) which can be turned into 500 MYM's or 500,000 Chunk loader tickets but why would you need an increase?
    Im not disagreeing id just rather have some more information behind your answer than just "Reward the player"
    thanks

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  9. Azurith93

Local Time:
    its more to promote someone to vote more to attract more people to the server hopefully i understand that the reward is already great but even i don't vote everyday and i love this server. I feel like it would get people to vote consecutively to help the server and the player alike.

10. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    I understand that fact, but if you voted everyday it would still have the same effect, besides if you vote for say 10 days straight youd have 5,000,000 chunk tickets and 5,000 MYMs

11. Azurith93

Local Time:
    yeah but i know people who just vote like once - twice a week so they can just keep a chunk or 2 loaded. I feel like that could possibly stop.

12. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    I wouldnt know the monthly intake of users, so i couldnt comment wether it was good or bad but im sure if the influx of players monthly/weekly was that bad the staff/ owners would do something to intice players[DOUBLEPOST=1454170152][/DOUBLEPOST]To do what you are proposing the only logical way would be to decrease the current rewards of voting so

13. Azurith93

Local Time:
    They really wouldn't have to... And besides im not saying stuff like double the mount you get a day, Im just saying a small amount every consecutive milestone.

14. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    The rewards atm already yield a high enough amount how much more do you need?

15. Azurith93

Local Time:
    XD i need none but it was never really for me.

16. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Most servers offer things like donorship for highest voters per month. Just think it would hurt the economy of the server

17. Azurith93

Local Time:
    I understand that but like i said its a thought.

18. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:40 PM
    I think it's a wonderful idea however I see this as a more vanilla server option. Lots of simple vanilla minecraft servers use this tactic in order to keep things a bit more interesting for the players.

Things like flight gets enabled, there's drop parties, or as mentioned above one is able to get a donator rank for a limited time all because there was either a vote streak or the server was pushed to the top from how many votes they've received that month.

As to how things work with voting for the time being I don't see this being needed. We need to first focus on returning back random rewards into the token system before it further evolves. If you're reading this and have not yet checked out the two threads that go along with what we're doing about the random rewards system please take a look here to add a crate and here to discuss the ideas.

19. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    I understand it's a thought just throwing my 2 cents in

20. Azurith93

Local Time:
    @Draven_Luv i understand i was just throwing my ideas out to the community to see what they though :)