Done World reset

Discussion in 'Horizons' started by rashaveran, Jan 12, 2014.

1. rashaveran

rashaveran Member

Local Time:
    1:01 AM
    Hello,

I would like to ask what is your attitude towards the world reset ? Today I read changelog of Horizons pack where they suggest to reset world with 1.0.6 -> 1.0.9 because of changes to world gen. Obviously you are trying to keep the world and that is really great, but still, this world is already hardly damaged by the changes, some chunks are clearly generated with different worldgens and after the artifice (I just guess that is the reason) was disabled there are huge damaged areas with missing blocks.

Because world reset make me feel quite uncomfortable to continue to play I just wanted to ask and in case the reset is anvoidable will you give players some time frame to get the most valuable items to backpacks or would you reset also players ?

Thanks for the info.

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    1:01 AM
    Hey,

I´m someone who doesn´t like world resets either and I will give my best to keep this world with the coming updates. But as soon as ftb releases a stable build (the second number of the version 0 -> 1) we will consider a world reset. But as far as I know is this far away.

Aighato and The42ndDruid like this.
  3. MrRoooo

MrRoooo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:01 PM
    I would cry if there was a world reset.

The42ndDruid likes this.
  4. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    7:01 PM
    a wolrd reset would damage players, especialy semi-inactive ones due to not being able to prepare for the reset. And btw can we have an end reset soon? next to all the valuble ores i am going to get (thanks sonar goggles) but the point is a dna hog won't allow the dragon dna bought.