1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Story Time

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by chaseB2, Jun 12, 2018.

1. chaseB2

chaseB2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:55 AM
    Welcome one and all. If this is your first time joining us check out the Story Time! Something fun and different for more information about this. Without further ado, Enjoy!

If you have stories you'd like to post, you are always welcome to do so! Let's add some mixture of creative ideas and writing styles to this and show of your talents!:D

This thread is fully open to comments and questions, it's not restricted to just stories, feel free to comment on stories you read or even ask questions about them or the thread in general. I want this to be a fun place to relax and rest the weary mind.

Guidelines

• All stories must abide by the MyM rules. Ignorance is no excuse!
    • Writing must be in English only.
    • Be respectful towards others and their work. We are all different and have different ways of expressing ourselves.
    • Spell check before posting. No one is perfect but it is the duty of the writer to perform to the best of their ability.
    • No plagiarism. Copying someone else's work is not allowed.
    • Outside links are not permitted.
    • Failure to comply with our rules will result in the removal of your story/comment.
    Additional note: put your story inside spoilers or we shall do it for you.

2. chaseB2

Local Time:
    To kick the whole thing off, here's the first story! Written by yours truly.

The tinkerist they called him. He always carried his bag of tools, fixing anything from little squeaky doors to crumbling houses. The townsfolk never knew how he did it with just the tools in his bag and his strong will. He was loved and adored by all.

He was walking down the cobblestone path in the cool autumn afternoon, leaves blew along the path getting caught in the cracks and crevices. A paper blew across his path and caught on his leg. Curious, the man picked it up and observed the parchment. The parchment was weathered by the elements, something was plastered in the middle of the pamphlet but it was too far gone to be seen. His tired face saddened briefly looking at the paper before letting it slip from his fingers and fly away. As the paper flew, the dying sun stuck it just so to reveal the image worn from the paper. A drawing of a potato.

The old man walked home to his cottage far back in the woods, away from the townsfolk and civilization. He stepped inside and his bag of tools floated off to rest on a rack. His hat spun away from his head around the house and back to rest on the tabletop by the door. He hung his coat up and sighed. It was good to be home. In the kitchen he could hear dinner being prepared. He popped his head in to see pots floating around filling with food and water, stove tops lighting and various kitchen utensils flying about. He smiled slightly before heading back to the den. He gingerly came to rest in his favorite chair. It began to rock back and forth, squeaking softly every so often. He closed his eyes and let his mind drift off....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2018
  3. Punane

Punane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:55 AM
    The youngster’s hand ached as they cleaned the last mirror. It felt hollow to the touch despite its beautiful golden designs and smoky glass. Darkness had claimed the lands a while ago with only a few torches in the mansion giving out enough light for them to see.

The bed in storage room felt so soft and welcoming as he lay down. The youth sighed; tomorrow will be even rougher with the Lord returning home. Thunder echoed and made the potion bottles shake causing a light pink bottle to fall off the shelf. It broke, despite landing on the bed sheets, and spilled its contents all over him.

It only took a moment but then there was no more time. He jumped at his feet in an instant and ran, now chased by a dark monster; it looked nothing like he had ever seen before. It was fast but he was faster. Seeing a possible place to hide, the youngster rammed into an iron door and forced it ajar. It shut with a loud click behind him, turning into a physical barrier between him and the beast.

Despite being cornered, the youngster did not give up and tried to brace for the worst. “Come out, stay with us,” the nightmarish creature sang, taunting him. He shook his head and squeezed his eyes shut, trying to stop the whispers but nothing helped. A rough hand landed on his shoulder and he screamed but even that was cut short by the second hand over his mouth.

He turned around and faced someone he knew. She looked even younger now than all those years ago when they first met-. A loud bang made some debris fall from thick stone walls and the youth was sure a house spider fell onto his friend’s pointy hat. His eyes watered up when her hands gently cradled him in a rushed hug in an attempt to calm him or perhaps as an apology. Was this her hiding place during the nights? She released him with an odd smile and a knowing glint in her eyes.

He understood what was left unsaid. His life was at line here and he had to do something about it. Gone were the days where his only task was looking after Lord’s home and tended his every need. This realisation made the youngster feel incredibly light for a moment but then the dread and understanding of his impending doom returned. The banging on the walls mixed well with thunderstorm still going on outside.

“You need to leave, little Lost Soul” cooed the witch. Her grin grew wider with each new tremble that shook the youth as his crazed eyes were glued to the door yet again. He will not last until morning and they both knew it, he was in way over his head. She slid something small in his hand “but I guess you could just end it at any time you want, just one prick with the needle.” She did not give him a chance to reply and instead pulled the heavy door open as if it was feather light and pushed the youngster at the nightmare monster. A shrill laughter and a terrifying click from the door followed him as time sped up.

He stumbled and narrowly avoided a swipe aimed at his head. He ran yet again, this time with a purpose in his steps. Escape, win, never give up, he will learn, laugh, love, live. Yes, he will do all of these things on his terms now. A ghostly arm barely missed his arm, drawing the youth’s attention to the impending doom yet again. It was even faster than before.

No matter where he went, the monster kept following him. It had been hours and there was still no sign of dawn but at least the storm had passed. This cannot go on much longer. He was hungry, starving since he had to forgo dinner, and was running out of option. With his last reserves, he made a desperate dash towards the tiny storage room, swinging the door closed behind him. His felt not as fierce as we wanted but despite that, he readied the ice-cold needle to strike at the monster.

She had said it would end it all and his friend was never wrong. In his rush, just as the door opened, he felt the needle draw some blood from his finger. The needle shattered in his hands and then he knew no more.

The youngster groaned as something nudged him and a deep voice said something he was unable to catch. He opened his eyes slowly and rubbed the sleep out of them. Was it all a dream? His achy bones and newly found desires said otherwise.

The Lord was standing at his bed, his expression blank. He had been waiting for the youngster for a while. “Leave and never return,” the man said, “you are a refugee now.” That was exactly what the youngster did; he was finally ready to take on the world with his own powers instead of anyone else’s.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  4. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:55 AM
    [01] A bond stronger than feather
    As i hid behind the damp chunk of a fallen building, clutching my trusty laz pistol in one hand whilst my other arm frantically searched around for my last clip of filament. I could hear my brother shouting "We both know that you have run out of filament for your laz pistol!" he sauntered ever closer, even though i knew that even with my last clip of filament i could not pierce his bolster power shield as my outdated laz pistol was meant to be decommissioned more than 10 years ago however it had become an iconic piece of me, it was the only thing i still owned from before the cataclysm i had even modified it to work with the newer filaments, despite this i took my last shot at him, the filament bouncing off the shield. He just laughed and my brother's footsteps got ever closer each step louder than the last until the footsteps stopped just before the damp chunk of building. And just as i realised where he was, my brother jumped with immense grace, his tail feathers catching the wind ever so slightly for that signature boost in height us avians have. he landed in front of me his dark hooded cloak was down revealing his sharpened beak and beady eyes focused on mine ready for the kill, he pointed his plasme rifle at my head "This is it, huh?" He muttered "I managed to track you down, i can finally be rid of you" i closed my eyes as he raised his finger to the trigger and with a loud metallic zap i heard the iconic sound of a bolster shield being breached and the sound of filament cutting through feathered flesh.
    i opened my eyes and looked up to realise i was not dead but my brother had been shot from my laz pistol and was now lying on the floor injured before i could comprehend what just happened my brother spoke out "It appears you will not die this day to my hands, i bid thee farewell."
    before i could stop him he activated an old relic on his belt, and he teleported away. I looked down at my laz pistol to see that the 10 year old casing had finally given way, unleashing all of its possible power in one shot. My laz pistol was ruined and beyond repair.
    I sighed and muttered "i guess my brother is gone". I smiled "for now."

Anne_Marry, BanananaBread and chaseB2 like this.
  5. BanananaBread

BanananaBread The W̴̬̔̂i̴̝͇̇̚l̷͈̾̍l̷̨̋͠ǒ̴̫͝w̴̫̬̍͛

Local Time:
    1:55 AM
    5, 4, the countdown rattles through my brain as I come back to my senses, 3, 2, 1
    Ignition, liftoff
    It starts to heat up intensely in the shuttle. We are headed towards the International Space Station to make some repairs to the station, alongside the crew in the space station currently, they are highly trained to overcome even the worst predicaments that may come while in the space station. Oleg, A Russian cosmonaut, Drew, an American geophysicist and astronaut, Ricky, an American astronaut, Sergei, A Russian cosmonaut, Alexander, a German astronaut, and Serena, an engineer and NASA astronaut. All of them went through extensive training like I had to go through to get to this point.

The capsule continues to rattle as we gain speed and altitude. Suddenly a loud explosion is heard as we sit in our capsule, we hear a voice come into the shuttle, vehicle is super sonic. The rattling intensifies as the rocket hits max Q. Its like being in an earthquake, but much more intense. The rattling calms as we leave the atmosphere. I look out of the small window engraved on the side of the shuttle. Cape Canaveral is gone, only the blue ocean fills my view. The rocket begins to shake again as the next stage disengages. A scraping can be heard from the bottom of the capsule. One of the old thrusters to get us out of the atmosphere has gotten stuck. Finally it comes off, not without a price though. The thruster from the first stage takes out the current stages thruster with it, leaving us with little thrust to get us completely out of the atmosphere. We begin sweating even more profusely, we try to talk to mission control, but we get no response. We pretend like nothing is wrong as we try to relax. Here we are, all three of us, alone in the vacuum of space. Not one word has been said between us as sweat rolls down our faces.

All though Ive been trained to use the gauges everything seems so unfamiliar, this is the real deal, we are alone with nobody but ourselves. We wont see our families for 2 months. The thought sickens me. I become lightheaded and my head begins to fall between my elbows. Everything begins to get dark. I can feel the astronauts next to me pulling me up, I give no response as a I veer off into darkness.

I hear a loud explosion as I come back to my senses, I woke up in my space suit, unknowingly I assumed they put it on for me. For what reason? I open my eyes as all emotions are ripped out of my body. Im there floating, seeing it with my eyes. A hole is ripped through the side of the capsule, the two men float in the darkness, they are lifeless, floating like a baby in a womb. I climb out through the hole, my heart beating fast. I grab one of them at look into their helmet. The glass was broken. His eyes were wide open, frozen into crystals and his lips are white. I throw him away from me, frightened by the sight. I try to erase it from my mind, but I will never be able to. I look back at the ship, the thruster blew up due to immense pressure. I hear a static in my ear piece, I can not make out what it says, slowly the static fades into nothingness. My hope dies as I look back at Earth, so small and innocent, they are unaware of what happened, we lost contact with mission control as soon as we exited the atmosphere.

I get back to the ship and try my hardest to get even the smallest amount of power. All the batteries are busted, one with a sharp piece of metal that pierced right through the center, and the other with a hole ripped into it from the explosion. Its just me now, alone, no human contact in any form, left out here to die. After what seemed like hours of extensive attempts to bring back power, I finally gave up. I tell myself, at least I will die pursuing my dream. I had no regrets, I had done everything with my life, I have pushed myself past my comfort zone to meet new people, I had wife and kids, but most importantly I followed my dream. If my dream leads to my death, so be it. I put my fate into gods hands as I climb back out of the rocket. I don't want to die out in the vacuum, where my body will float for an extensive amount of time. I get to the back of the rocket, facing towards Earth. I push myself with all my force towards Earth. Over the hours the big blue marble becomes bigger and bigger. Tears run down my face the whole time as I reflect on all I have done in my life. A smile reaches my face. All the childhood memories come back to me. My suit begins to warm as I give in, tears streaming down my happy smile, finally I let go. I see a feather as my suit begins to burn up. Everything turns white as it gets hotter. The feather remains in my mind, until its all gone.

6. Anne_Marry

Anne_Marry Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    wow.... nice posts.. nice short stories...

does the potato has some magical meaning? or its just potato? i loved this the most.. short but .... had something intriguing... and i love magick ..

BanananaBread, chaseB2 and Punane like this.
  7. chaseB2

Local Time:
    To answer your potato question. There is more to it than meets the eye, a deeper story unraveling with unknown twists and turns. Impossible meanings, and unforseen possibilities. The only way to really find out the meaning behind this potato is to follow along on this epic journey with each new story comes another piece of the puzzle hidden in the text. Who knows what the pieces will make, only time can tell....

BanananaBread likes this.
  8. brandonlk

Local Time:
    There is infinite possibilities when focusing on a singular object, us writers merely give it some context

BanananaBread and chaseB2 like this.
  9. Anne_Marry

Local Time:
    waithing with my breath held the next stories..
    i really liked the way this story begins.. thank god is not just one <3

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    BanananaBread and chaseB2 like this.
  10. brandonlk

Local Time:
    Do you mean beginnings? :p

11. Anne_Marry

Local Time:
    sory. still have some issues with some english words.. dang it begging :))

12. brandonlk

Local Time:
    don't worry it's why Mym has a spell checker (it helped me with my story that i wrote in notepad)

13. Anne_Marry

Local Time:
    spell checker? where?

14. brandonlk

Local Time:
    it appears under your words when you type them wrong (that might be a chrome thing though)

15. Anne_Marry

Local Time:
    i think i was using mozzila then .. so... it is underlined ..and now what? :)) it doesn't tell me the corect form :)))

16. brandonlk

Local Time:
    you right click it, but sometimes its bad and wont give you the word you want, but you can spell it in different ways until the spell checker recognises it

17. Anne_Marry

Local Time:
    thank you very much for the advice .

18. Punane

Punane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    "I'm home!"

Smoky looked up. His underling rarely returned home late, tonight being a rare exception. She understood his need for a strict schedule and always tried her best to keep it the same day after day. Right now, it felt to him that she only did it to amuse him.

The last three days had been unbearable without her by his side. Her laughter and quiet hums no longer filled his home; it felt like a piece of him was completely gone. He did not want to admit it to anyone, himself included, that he had missed her a lot. It was not in his character to do so.

She had found him laying on her bed as if it was the most natural thing in the world. He did not feel the need to explain. She did not need to know how he had cried for her at nights and ended up curled in these sheets, surrounded by her scent. In the end, it did not matter what he would say, she would not listen.

"There ye are," she laughed. "I was looking for ye everywhere."

Smoky scoffed at her. She is as crazy as they come, he thought. It made him want to growl at her but he supressed it.

"Smok'y, ye should know better than try to be on me bed."

She flashed him a crooked grin.

He felt a spark of annoyance light up deep inside him. No way she is going to get away with this unscratched. How could she, his underling, dare to deny him access to anything. It is my house and has my rules, he thought to himself. What is she aiming at?

The woman kept unpacking; she was oblivious to Smoky's distress. He could easily survive without her so a few days was nothing big in her book.

"I met that boy again, he's ready to become a man soon."

She placed last beetroot on the table and faced Smoky.

"He was so scared," she laughed out loud again at the memory. "The kiddo looked like he had seen a ghost or som'ting. He looks very handsom' now. I must tell ye all about him!"

He looked down, away from her. She looked so beautiful as she recalled the boy, no, the young man. Perhaps it was better if he left, she had found someone else. Was this his fate? To suffer from broken heart and never find someone to love ever again. It felt horrible.

Before he could exit the room he was captured. Her hands pressed him firmly down on the mattress, her eyes not once leaving his own. She strokes his fur and is rewarded with a reluctant purr. He stopped struggling and let her pick him up. Only for a moment, he added in his head.

"I'm sorry I left ye for so long, Smoky."

The witch carried her familiar out of her room, making sure to close the door properly. Poor kitty had only a little food left and must have been starving by now. Luckily, the angler had come by last night with a package that had laid down outside her hut, she had left in the kitchen earlier while looking for Smoky. The ever so elusive cat knew how to hide and how to be annoying. More of the latter apparently, she noted. Her favourite shoes now had a few small gifts in them.

She started to hum, her voice filling every nook and cranny of the small hut yet again. Things were turning for the better.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  19. brandonlk

Local Time:
    Someone should make animations/artwork for these stories, they are all amazing :D

Anne_Marry and Punane like this.
  20. Punane

Punane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thank you for the idea, brandonlk. This is my version of chaseB2's tinkerer in honour of the first story.
    [​IMG]