1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info EMC Looping Rules Update

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by MineYourMind, Nov 9, 2018.

1. MineYourMind

MineYourMind Official MYM Bot

Local Time:
    11:51 AM
    Hello MineYourMinders,

We (MyM Administration) have recently heard from various players regarding our current rules on EMC Looping, We have been thinking for a long time that this rule is confusing, isn't clear, or needed. This rule has always fallen under our policy of Abusing bugs or exploits will be prosecuted. If found, report to the private bug report section of the forums.

Therefore, MyM will be repealing the current EMC Looping rules and instead, towards a more open policy.
    Moving forward, only looping that negatively impacts the server performance is subject to be remove and will not be refunded.
    You can refer to the Anti-lag section of the rules.

Players removed from the community for looping when looping was illegal must still go through the ban appeal process. Appeals can be made here

To recap:
    Closed Setups -> Are OK now
    Setup with Energy/Item Input -> Are OK

If in the future there is any issues with this the Admins will discuss and deliver verdicts as needed.
    If you still have question feel free to reply and staff will try to answer them all to the best of their abilities.

mrminesheeps, Punane, elemage and 7 others like this.
  2. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    finally we did it :)

elemage, FuzzyHarpyBug and GreyWolf11 like this.
  3. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    6:51 AM
    Not even 15 minutes since this announcement and I already am looping so much EMC through a system it's scary.

http://i.imgur.com/l0FBE7Og.png

Oh common bags, thank you for existing

Fireforce, CatArcher and miker5231 like this.
  4. BlazeFTB

BlazeFTB Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    yay thanks for changing it. i have always thaught that those rules were too restrictive and actually hurt server performance. ie: massive magical crops farms vs the item repair loop.

5. c0mical

c0mical Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:51 AM
    Hi, this is great news.

the repair loop doesnt seem to work on 1.12.2 :( (cant 'clone' damaged items)

still looking for a nice server friendly option.

According to the wiki, lootbag cycling will impact the server if lots of people are doing it at a large scale so I dont think thats going to be the answer right now. There doesnt seem to be any other block that can open the bags into a chest

but it has opened up a few opportunities on awakening :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  6. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    This is so going to change server performance on some packs... This EMC looping rule actually made me go bonkers on PO2 Kappa a year ago with growth pulser towers all the way down from Y-2 to Y-245+ just so i could make my emerald seeds grow instantly. Ludicrite loop here i come!

BanananaBread likes this.
  7. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    yknow that many growth pulsers was not needed and you were probably affecting the server

8. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    yknow they were because i tested different heights and it definately affected grow speeds the higher you built em. and yea i probably was, but since emc rules were kind of crazy stupid back then... i had not much choice. nether star seeds were not affected by growth pulsers because of the need to put awakened drac under them.

And using the imaginary time block, like on most other networks where it isnt disabled because of "time manipulation" and "Affects server performance" would have been a great alternative, but apparently here that breaks servers. If there were clear rules about how many a person would be allowed to use, like a fair use policy on them, im certain it should be possible to allow the usage of those as well. Just like the "using 1 quarry per person" limit. But banning items seems much easier and less time consuming.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    3:51 AM
    My gosh! How I've been waiting for this day! ^.^ Happy times indeed. EMC generation will be SO much easier now! #blazerodloopsyay

10. yoyojoe10

yoyojoe10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    so does this mean emc solar flowers are ok now?

11. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    As long as it doesn't cause any performance issues, any emc setup is legal.

12. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Happy days indeed ^.^

13. yoyojoe10

yoyojoe10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    a emc solar flower is solar collector on anti-mater relay and its passive emc it can be upgraded by putting a condense in the middle and as far as i know their is no lag from passive here is an example here

14. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Those have always been legal, they are in no way an exploit or anything unintended by the mod author.

elemage and yoyojoe10 like this.
  15. BanananaBread

BanananaBread The W̴̬̔̂i̴̝͇̇̚l̷͈̾̍l̷̨̋͠ǒ̴̫͝w̴̫̬̍͛

Local Time:
    Can't wait to see how many people get banned for lagging the server with emc loops now :3

16. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Likely zero, we don't ban people for lagging the server with terrible setups, unless of course the sole purpose is to lag the server, that's what world edit is for.

BanananaBread likes this.
  17. c0mical

c0mical Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    but hopefully you will still take action against people who have created disproportionately sized setups that are causing lag for other people and excessively using up server resources

18. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This is covered in the rules, and discussed with the staff, if a setup causes performance issues it will be removed, no refunds will be issued.