1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Let players kill monsters that are in protected areas in the nether

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Willshaper, Aug 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    11:59 AM
    Hi.

I'd like to make a request to allow anyone to kill monsters that are in claims in the nether.

When players crosses a spawner in the nether, they will break it 95% of the time, and the other 5% of the time they will claim it.

Both of these means that it's almost impossible for other players to get blaze rods, unless they travel hundreds or thousands of blocks out.

Allowing players to kill inside claims would fix that problem, as it would only take 1 person claiming a single spawner for players to be able to farm the rods.

And if a player wants a private farm with cursed earth there, they can just build a cube around the area.

And please.. Don't say "But you can just lure them out".. Doing that with blazes is NOT fun.

2. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:59 AM
    I routinely claim spawners in the Nether on whichever server I happen to be playing on, and then I set-up the permissions to allow the Public to use them. I see no need to create an exemption in the claim system, just a need for the community to educate itself on how to use the claim permissions system.

3. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    And how would you ever see that happening? Most people just don't care.

4. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    You could always use a stick to find out who the claim belongs to and check if that player is active. If not, create a ticket to have it unclaimed. And if active, ask said player to either allow you access or to delete the claim if he doesnt need it anymore.

5. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:59 AM
    I have mixed feelings on this. I can see how it might be beneficial, I also see how it can cause headaches for everyone.

6. deepcage

Local Time:
    Im for the ability to kill mobs in protected areas, but it does also open up griefing options, because if it works in the nether, it will likely also work in other dimensions.

7. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    If possible it should only be hostile monsters, in the nether. And even if it is possible in other dimension, i don't see how killing hostile mobs can be used for griefing.

8. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We can make it so mobs are not protected in the nether. I see why you'd want this, having run into protected spawners before. However I also see a problematic side to it whereas wither spawners and mob farms would be exposed. You could say "Tell them to box in the farms", but that is going to be a lot of extra hassle for the players.

9. Regulator_1A

Regulator_1A Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I am going to say no on this as I have used a mob grinder in the nether with a iron/gold chunk loader in the past and having another player come by and grab the loot drops or even kill the mobs before a vacuum chest gets it is rather unproductive, especially if you went though the trouble of setting it up.

10. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:59 AM
    I agree with Regulator on this.

11. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:59 AM
    well, cant players do a trust or claimflag permissions? (on own claims) that will allow players to attack mobs ?? if so whats the command? XD

if its not a player able thing, but a staff thing, couldnt we just let players know they can make tickets to ask staff to allow this thing on their claims?

Any of these options would be good (If possible) :D

12. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:59 AM
    This doesn't solve the issue though...

13. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So people stood in your farm all night long grabbing 100% of the loot for weeks?

Willshaper likes this.
  14. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:59 AM
    You'd be surprised at what people do.

15. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Pretty easy fix for it tho. Add a couple basic mob spawners to spawn/nether spawn, make sure they can't be automated, boom, now-obtainable resources for starting players. If need be, make the area hard to use so its not completely free resources.

16. Regulator_1A

Local Time:
    @jaari, you do realize there is several places to find the mob spawners you are looking for in the nether you just have to go farther out. Also, if you are that concerned about it look for them after the reset.

17. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    No, this is impossible because all the spawners are immediately taken by older players upon restart. It is simply impossible for new players to find any spawners within any decent time span, only to have them lose it soon after with the new reset and the whole thing restarting after that. How far would you like to go out for a spawner? Right, not that far huh. Not even counting on the soul-crushing despair when find that the fortress you finally found after an hour has also been claimed/broken.

I mean, its so much less of a hassle to allow some basic resources to be obtainable from spawn spawners. Some players might even make a public mob farm? Why not just move your spawners somewhere and make it into a public mob farm? You'd do the community a great service!

18. deepcage

Local Time:
    Or you just put in some extra legwork to find unclaimed ones. i only claim a spawner because theres always ppl who just outright break em. i want it to be still there when i need it again.

Regulator_1A likes this.
  19. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Oh yeah great idea.

I need blaze rods now. I'll just search nether for a few hours to find an untouched fortress, wait for hours for a random blaze spawn because MyM spawns are often real fun, or wait 2-3 weeks until nether resets.

20. Regulator_1A

Local Time:
    Part of the game is exploring and trying to find what you need. If you don't want to work for that you can alway pay for a kit to get you started. In my opinion claims should not be changed just because some else whats whats in it. Who ever claimed something put forth effort in doing so and that effort should not be cheapened by the wants of someone else. However, going back to my suggestion of buying a kit, that is not always feasible for some. So, to find a middle ground in this debate I prepose having the Nether reset more often to allow others a easier time to find a spawner. With that being said, I don't believe anything should be changed as the Nether is a rather large place and if you put forth a bit of effort you can find what you are looking for. In the end the decision is not mine.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.