1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Questions....

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by BookerTheGeek, Nov 25, 2019.

?

Read post below for question to poll.

Poll closed Dec 16, 2019.
  1. Yes

13.3%
  2. Yes, but only with Perks/Kits

26.7%
  3. Yes, but not with the delivery element

6.7%
  4. Nope

20.0%
  5. Potato (Undecided if I would Play or not)

33.3%
  1. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:40 AM
    Heyo. Was wondering some things and would like input from the general MyM community.
    1. Do you like or dislike IC2? Why?
      • How do you feel about the different energy system?
      • How do you feel about the Micro-Crafting?
      • What part of the mod do you use the most?
      • What part do you use the least?
    2. How do you feel about Buildcraft?
      • Have you played with Buildcraft on 1.12?
    3. Immersive Engineering / Immersive Petroleum?
      • Is your experience on 1.12 or an older version?
    4. Would you play a pack that is Pure Tech with NO magic mods? This means no;
      • Botania
      • Bloodmagic
      • Thaumcraft
      • Reliquary
    5. Would you play a pack without the following?
      • Farmworld (Their would be aroma minning dimension though)
      • Teleportaion outside of what mods provide?
      • No perks?

For the poll question:
    • Would you play a pure tech based pack that required you to deliver supplies to a server hub on the map, along with no commands or perks?

Thanks for your input!

~Edit~
    To explain about the perks; I am imagining a pack that part of the idea behind it is the use of railcarts to move around the world and deliver supplies back to a spawn town. So having the ability to fly or teleport would bypass that mechanic all together.

Ore would be sparse around spawn, but become more common with bigger veins the further out you go, encouraging bases set up far from spawn. To balance this mobs would become more difficult also the further from spawn you are.

Kits would be ok realistically, but would severely break progression. Which is not that bad of a thing I suppose as we have them on all the expert based packs.

Hope this explains a little bit.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    _Cilo_ likes this.
  2. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    5:40 AM
    1. Do you like or dislike IC2? Why? Dislike, it's a relic that doesn't play with newer ones, and is punishing if you don't do things properly.
      • How do you feel about the different energy system? I like flux and others that are interchangeable without requiring a special items.
      • How do you feel about the Micro-Crafting? I hate it.
      • What part of the mod do you use the most? I only use IC2 when a pack requires it.
      • What part do you use the least? All of it, if other options.
    2. How do you feel about Buildcraft? It's kinda boring with other options.
      • Have you played with Buildcraft on 1.12? Not delved into, typically avoid it.
      • What part of the mod do you use the most? Filler. Probably only block I use, if I need a large area cleared.
      • What part do you use the least? quarry, never touched it.
    3. Immersive Engineering / Immersive Petroleum? I like it.
      • Is your experience on 1.12 or an older version? Both
      • What part of the mod do you use the most? Water Wheels
      • What part do you use the least? The distillation tower
    4. Would you play a pack that is Pure Tech with NO magic mods? This means no; No.
      • Botania
      • Bloodmagic
      • Thaumcraft
      • Reliquary
      • Farmworld (Their would be aroma minning dimension though) Yes, aroma is fine to replace farmworld
      • Teleportaion outside of what mods provide? yes
      • No perks? yes

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  3. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:40 PM
    I answer your questions in detail later but yes what your laying out sounds great

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:40 AM
    1. Do you like or dislike IC2? Why? I like the idea of IC2, it was one of the first mods I ever used, what I dislike about the mod is how much hand holding it needs to be functional with its stubborn refusal to work with other mods, it likes being a pain and being self contained.
    2. How do you feel about the different energy system? I don't mind any energy system that is efficient and doesn't require me to spend hours to set it up due to crafting and resource gathering. Maybe because I've only recently used it in expert packs, but scouring the world for uranium isn't fun.
    3. How do you feel about the Micro-Crafting? If it has a point and makes sense it is fine, but you have to balance this with some way to skip tedium as you advance. IC2 in particular can just become tedious for no reason other than it perversely likes to be.
    4. What part of the mod do you use the most? The parts required for the pack, I don't invest heavily in it as there are normally better ways to accomplish the end goal.
    5. What part do you use the least? see above
    6. How do you feel about Buildcraft? I like the idea, I use the quarry
      • Have you played with Buildcraft on 1.12? A little bit here and there.
      • What part of the mod do you use the most? The Quarry, pump, pipes, generators
      • What part do you use the least? not sure is there anything out of the ordinary?
    7. Immersive Engineering / Immersive Petroleum?
      • Is your experience on 1.12 or an older version? Both
      • What part of the mod do you use the most? Coke, Blast, wiring, diesel gen, squeezer etc cloches
      • What part do you use the least? Arc furnace, haven't gotten deep enough to use it yet
    8. Would you play a pack that is Pure Tech with NO magic mods? This means no; Yes and I wouldn't miss them.
      • Botania
      • Bloodmagic
      • Thaumcraft
      • Reliquary
    9. Would you play a pack without the following?
      • Farmworld (Their would be aroma minning dimension though)
      • Teleportaion outside of what mods provide?
      • No perks?
    No, no I would not. Anytime someone throws the no perks thing in the hair on the back of my neck rises. It opens the door to removing them from the network and I'm sorry I don't support the idea of removing them. If you don't like them, don't use them and realize there are others that do not share your beliefs. Now if you wanted it to be open pvp, theft etc allowed then you can ditch the kits, but a traditional PvE pack, no no no.
    For the poll question:
    • Would you play a pure tech based pack that required you to deliver supplies to a server hub on the map, along with no commands or perks?
    I like the first part, but see above on the perk less parts I just don't like where that can lead.

5. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1. Do you like or dislike IC2? Why? - Stupid overclockers - just that recipe gives tumors and rest of mod even more
      • How do you feel about the different energy system? - Stupid without Energy Convenrters
      • How do you feel about the Micro-Crafting? - What's that? Probably something stupid.
      • What part of the mod do you use the most? - GraviSuit(if addon is added),Nano armor, LAZOR bc i like firrin it
      • What part do you use the least? - Everything is stupid beside things I need to make above things
    2. How do you feel about Buildcraft?
      • Have you played with Buildcraft on 1.12? - No, 1.12 is stupid.
      • What part of the mod do you use the most? - Pipes, I'm Mario, dude! Also assembly LAZORS if pack needs them like PO2
      • What part do you use the least? - Quarry and energy generators are stupid bc other mods have better ones
    3. Immersive Engineering / Immersive Petroleum?
      • Is your experience on 1.12 or an older version?- Older I get, more i like older versions.
      • What part of the mod do you use the most? - Water Wheel - SPIN TO WIN BRO!
      • What part do you use the least? Multiblock machines and conveyor to move items
    4. Would you play a pack that is Pure Tech with NO magic mods? This means no: - Maybe?Isn't OmnFactory like that?
      • Botania
      • Bloodmagic
      • Thaumcraft
      • Reliquary
      • Farmworld (Their would be aroma minning dimension though) - There are many packs without farmworld silly and somehow we are playing them, duh?
      • Teleportaion outside of what mods provide? - NO /RT TO FIND CLAIM SPOT? no, thanks
      • No perks? - I dont have them so... every pack is without perks for me.

What? Can you explain?

6. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1. Do you like or dislike IC2? Why? I do not enjoy IC2, mostly because of the energy system and explody machines.
      • How do you feel about the different energy system? It's one of the worst parts of the mod. I want to be able to pick and choose which type of energy system i want to use, not be forced to use nuclear reactors that blow up my base.
      • How do you feel about the Micro-Crafting? So long as it's not to the point of Omnifactory (Gregtech) with multiple tiers of the same machine, then i don't really mind it.
      • What part of the mod do you use the most? The UU Matter machines
      • What part do you use the least? The energy generation
    1. How do you feel about Buildcraft?
      • Have you played with Buildcraft on 1.12? I have not really used Buildcraft in any capacity other than it's quarry once or twice.
      • What part of the mod do you use the most? The Quarry i guess?
      • What part do you use the least? All of it.
    2. Immersive Engineering / Immersive Petroleum? Only really Engineering, have barely touched Petroleum
      • Is your experience on 1.12 or an older version? I have played with it on 1.10 and 1.12. 90% on 1.12.
      • What part of the mod do you use the most? Mostly it's energy generation for early/midgame.
      • What part do you use the least? The Alloy Kiln. It's slow and awful.
    3. Would you play a pack that is Pure Tech with NO magic mods? This means no; Sure. I enjoy tech more than magic anyway.
      • Botania
      • Bloodmagic
      • Thaumcraft
      • Reliquary
    1. Would you play a pack without the following?
      • Farmworld (Their would be aroma minning dimension though) Sure, no complaints about farmworld from me.
      • Teleportaion outside of what mods provide? So long as you provide an early in-game way of teleporting home, sure. I think Cyclic or similar mods have items that allow this.
      • No perks? Yes please! I'd looooove to see a MyM pack where everyone is actually on equal footing. In my opinion this would also mean NO kits/other stuff from the MyM store.

7. Cantiel

Cantiel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1. Do you like or dislike IC2? Why? dislike. the voltage system and cable management is tedious and punishing to slight mistakes (had too many setups blow up)
      • How do you feel about the different energy system? annoying. why would i want a independent power grid, when everything else works together?
      • How do you feel about the Micro-Crafting? tedious and often made even worse in modpacks
      • What part of the mod do you use the most? uu matter, as many packs i played revolved heavily around it in end-game
      • What part do you use the least? anything if i have an alternative
    2. How do you feel about Buildcraft? it was not as bad as people told me it would be
      • Have you played with Buildcraft on 1.12? used it on ftb interactions
      • What part of the mod do you use the most? the different machines
      • What part do you use the least? steam, moved on really quick to tier 2
    3. Immersive Engineering / Immersive Petroleum? i love IE, never heard of IP though
      • Is your experience on 1.12 or an older version? both
      • What part of the mod do you use the most? the wiring, water wheels, and other visually nice looking parts, like the lamps
      • What part do you use the least? some of the big multiblock machinery, there are usually other mods that do the same work
    4. Would you play a pack that is Pure Tech with NO magic mods? This means no;
      • Botania
      • Bloodmagic
      • Thaumcraft
      • Reliquary
      Gladly; i often find magic mods tedious, and not worth the effort (like thaumcrafts essence system) so i only do the bare minimum required if they are used as gateways in modpacks
      • Farmworld (Their would be aroma minning dimension though) sure, same as many skyblocks
      • Teleportaion outside of what mods provide? without farmworld, there's barely any need to teleport, except maybe for the beginning when you just started and search for a place to settle down
      • No perks? depends on the balancing & characteristics of the pack. i bought my perks for a reason. (like a material kit to skip the tedious rng sifting at the start of skyblocks) i'm completly fine with disabling server upgrades, like god mode , even though it's a good source of income for the network

Would you play a pure tech based pack that required you to deliver supplies to a server hub on the map, along with no commands or perks? so you want a minecraft version of death stranding?

8. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    A servers you physically had to deliver goods to to be able to process in the game.

Image a quest turn in but instead of a quest book or a block you place in your base to turn the items in you have to deliver the items physically to the server shop and you get the reward then.

Also, updated main post with an explanation.

9. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Now we talking - I like this idea, like good old fashion games, take risk for huge reward or stay stafe and earn a little!

10. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Well make it a pvp server where you plan an assault on players on their way to that area to hand stuff in yourself and suddenly we have an interesting pack.

SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  11. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This what we need a pack that encourages cooperation among players, but also has an avenue for us to just rob each other blind and kill each other.

12. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    On that note.....

That would require, I don't know, a bit of setup by the server staff.... ;)

But also, hm......
    • Maybe setup teams and have it that each team requires a you set up on a specific sector of the map? Towny could do that with the kingdom setup.
    • You could require a weekly delivery of goods by rail to earn points? Or maybe each deliver could count towards taxes for your team, and that that train could be in a PvP zone.... Great train robbery anyone?
    • So spawn would be a safe point, then around spawn would be a donut shape zone of lawlessness, then a sector you can be part of where you are safe as long as the deliveries are made? And deliveries have to made on a specific day of the week?

Fireforce and SanndyTheManndy like this.
  13. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    Sounds like someone has been playing Factorio. But yeah I like the idea of delivering lots of resources as an objective. Gives something to do with the inevitable millions of excess resources stockpiled in an ME system.
    I like all those mods and might play such a pack.

14. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I like the idea behind a taxable safe zone with delivery of ore and or high value items

15. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Thank you for all the responses.

Continuation of this over HERE

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019