Donator Server - The Dark Trilogy

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Stuartdavidevett, Dec 22, 2014.

?

Who wants a system similar to monster?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Argonath1337

Argonath1337 New Member

Local Time:
    7:27 AM
    Well this isn't really a punishment, it's just a 24h test to see how much the impact on the performance is, so it can be clear of there should be a change implemented

It may be annoying but it's for the greater good of the server

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    1. They have only be disabled for 24 hours in order to verify there impact before we do such a decision
    2. The few mobs shown on the picture above are a normal value. Do you think players could live with 2 mobs? In total not of each kind! Other wise disabling only the normal spawn won't change a lot. This 10-20% possible boost is not worth it in my opinion as a week later we have filled them with bigger player bases.
    Did you even read the whole thread?

3. Stuartdavidevett

Stuartdavidevett Afro guy

Local Time:
    6:27 AM
    You guys are getting a bit crazy saying its unfair to non donors and it will create a class divide ( XD ). First off, donators paid money, donators have actively supported this server, having a donor server is hardly unfair as donors in some sense deserve it. I don't see where this upper class lower class rubbish came from lol, but its ftb, not politics, if you donate to the server to the tune of 50 euros, 80 euros, etc, you naturally would be seen as a more respected player since you have supported this server that we love. As I have said before, having a donor server is one way to go to benefit everyone since it sorts out tps, but Slind has already done a fantastic job on sorting that out, so there is no need for a donator server at this point in time, but it can definitely be implemented as it was in the past, it didn't create a community split since everyone could still talk to eachother and it definitely created an incentive to donating, further supporting MyM. A donator server literally benefits everyone, donators get more bang for their buck, attracting more donors, which increases the revenue of MyM, less tps for all. It has benefits just over creating a new server because it wouldn't cater to the awesome donors that made it their business to look after the server, and it certainly won't give a reason to become a donor like a donor server would. The donors also tend to be the more experienced long term players, they got huge setups going because of their experience and their dedication to the server, removing them from normal servers would drastically increase tps naturally. but once again, this is just one way to go, and it does not need to be implemented now since the tps issue is fixed but it definitely a possibility for the future :)

4. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I can just tell what i saw ingame. While the Witcharmy was alive, we were struggling at 5-7 tps. After the culling the server perfomed nice at 15+ tps again.

And probably i could live with 2 mobs, since they are nearly instakilled in my farm. But atm, theres no way to reliably get enderpearls or blaze rods. Which keeps me atm from doing anything.

Putting mobs on another server would start many little more problems. Late BM relies on a ritual that steals life from them, the altar and mobfarms would need to be pushed to claimed space in mobfarm world. Players would need to decide which claim to load. Witherskeleton hunting in the nether? Ghasts? Early game pearl collecting in the end?

Lordg66 had the ritual setup at our base and he made it ... well ... messy, didnt even trash the drops and they littered his mobfarm. When ctatuk was profiling he judged it like "Not good, but not really bad".

Its a difference if 40 players are on, every one has 10 mobs in his surrounding, or one player piling hundreds alone. Esp. when they interact with the ritual, perform pathfinding in crowded space and in this case throw ae potions as well.

And with turned off mobspawn, no one will exploit it, so of course we wont see it ...

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  5. Stuartdavidevett

Local Time:
    Thats a shame, thought the idea would have worked but I can see why it doesn't

6. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yup, and considering myself and some of the other donators disagree with this, I think our opinions should definitely have motivation towards the vote.

It would of been a majority vote regardless, and considering a lot of us have already said no, we dislike this idea, I doubt it would be implemented, especially since it has the possibility to divide the TDT community apart.

7. Stuartdavidevett

Local Time:
    We have seen it before on monster and it worked perfectly, the moment me and a handful of mods left and went to the donor server tps shot up for the normal server and we can still communicate easily. We could teleport to the normal server in a second, there was absolutely no community split, to suggest so is silly because plenty of us including myself have already enjoyed the system including some of my non donor friends that said it was a great idea because they benefited without having to contribute themselves whereas the donors did.[DOUBLEPOST=1419520184,1419520071][/DOUBLEPOST]I know for a fact asking on the TDT server donors do want this, there has been only 1 donor that doesn't seem to understand that he doesn't have to move to the donor server (he wants to stay put). Other than that there is positivist towards it from the majority of the donors, saying that it will cause a community split is just overly dramatic as it hasn't in the past because we only chat to each other usually

8. Mijikai

Local Time:
    Personally, I'm not joining if a donator server is made.
    It's totally not fair, and the points I made are very valid considering.

I'm a donator myself, and I think Donators already get enough perks, they don't need more than what they have.

9. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    special case, non relevant to the average/constant performance issue

normal farm for mob drops? (next level could be to sell the mob drops them self)

absolutely true and I thought about this already and came to the conclusion that it shouldn't be an issue to allow limited access to world anchors which can keep them loaded for some time even when offline.

We can try it the way of selling them, disabling the default spawn, warning players and taking care of bad setups. Somehow I have a big feeling that this won't be enough. But if you all feel this would be the better solution we can try it.

Overall -> we went from 70-80ms to 30-35ms on TDT and from 70-90ms to 40-55ms on dw20 (hostile mobs were disabled before which explains the smaller difference)

Considering the few sheeps in the picture above.. 10 players with good care would maybe come with about 2x-3x the amount of mobs. Taking the uptime time from the case above this would 3-5 ms. Yes this is more than great in case it works. (A few things not mentioned, sheeps come with around 20-25us while zombies/squids come with 60-80us, not considering witches)

On a side note, another goal I have/had with the farmworld system is that strain from other worlds would also be moved to the other server, which would give us another 10-15ms and balancing us around 20-25ms (50ms = 20tps, 100ms = 10tps..).

10. Stuartdavidevett

Local Time:
    The points you've made are not valid because we have already seen the donor server work on monster, there will be no community split because the chat will still be there and donors can easily move back and forth. and once again, this does not only benefits donors, its not an only donor perk, sure donators can go to a donator server, but have less players on the normal server benefits everyone, especially since donors tend to have the bigger setups which will benefit non donors even more

Argonath1337 likes this.
  11. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Id more like to see recipes for the mobdrops. Poblem with selling from store is the balance. If an ender pearl costs 10 mym e.g. it would be really cheap for a newbie (vote-buy 18) but for me insane, since i easily move through 1k of them. Can we perhaps limit the number of mobs in a region? That would help. Or really some recipes for the mobdrops...

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Please cut the donor server discussion here and focus on the current main idea. The donor server is still up for discussion but not until the mob issue has been solved in a way we can live with.

13. Mijikai

Local Time:
    There are not enough donors for a big enough split to impact the server imo.
    The amount of normal players are always greater than the amount of donors, sectioning off just 3-5 players isn't going to help honestly.

14. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Donator Server - The Dark Trilogy | Page 2 | MineYourMind Community

15. Stuartdavidevett

Local Time:
    There are 10-15 active donors on at peak, Im sure they would eventually move to the donor server, just like monster.

I think a farm server would be appropriate, we have seen them work before plenty of times.

16. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I'm gonna close this topic as I'm opening up a new one with a summary. Once we have implemented the new setup and tps drop again we should discuss the initial topic again.

17. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.