Performance bottleneck -> TileEntity Count (1.7.10)

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Slind, Feb 6, 2015.

1. il0v3tweakS

il0v3tweakS Miner.

Local Time:
    8:59 PM
    I got about about 8 active vanilla spawners in my base with automatic killing system and automatic collection system+trash can to avoid blocks. Is that an issue ? I use conveyor belts to transport them.

2. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:59 PM
    That's exactly the opposite of how azanor intended thaumcraft. Item recipes don't even show up in NEI. Selling them would be very op and let people skip the hard part of thaumcraft = Infusion and research.

3. Yorinar

Yorinar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:59 PM
    Can arcane lamp still be craftable but banned from placement/use? Like florbs

4. Argonath1337

Argonath1337 New Member

Local Time:
    -Arcane Lamp (fixed in latest Thaumcraft version and will be re enabled once the pack updates to this version)

CommonExplosion likes this.
  5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    crafting and ownership is allowed again.

Yorinar likes this.
  6. Guigui_

Guigui_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I am being curious. Why do you need to create a mod for that? I thought this is the purpose of Opis.

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    no offense but opis is adding an overhead of 100-600% when running and doesn't deliver the particular information I need. To bring it further. Within the last 2 months there was only one case where opis (in this case tick profiler, doing the same with less overhead) helped. All the hundreds of other cases they didn't pick up.

Guigui_, Mr_Gavitt and Argonath1337 like this.
  8. xXBuilderBXx

xXBuilderBXx Active Member

Local Time:
    6:59 PM
    Im pretty sure conveyer belts are on the banned items list but might depend on what mod pack you are playing on ..... anyone confirm that?

9. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    There are 2 types, and neither are banned, to my knowledge.

10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Only the one from extra utilities.

11. frogman79

frogman79 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:59 PM
    Sure was fun logging in and having to fight a couple dozen mobs because all my lamps were gone, now I see why. I did notice it took considerable amount more torches to light the area back up for some reason even though I was using F7, I was still getting spawns with zero red X's on the floor. Back to painted glow stone I guess..

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    You can use carpenters every x blocks on the ground and put a glowstone dust on, they look the same but light up the area. Against mobs you could also a magnum torch.

13. frogman79

Local Time:
    Thanks slind, not big fan of carpenters blocks, read in a few places that they may/can cause performance issues, not tested it much myself.

Can't use a magnum torch on this level as it would disable my mob farm, which is how I get power for my island. :(

Was just panicked running around spamming torches around noticing that they were not doing the same amount of lighting that I remembered them to. Will have to come up with something cool to replace is all, Flood lights are not causing much issues are they?

14. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I don't think so. However unless you build everything out of carpenters I don't think you have an issue as you only need them every 9th block or so.

15. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    If your mob farm is cursed earth? Then go ahead and use a magnum torch as it does not effect cursed earth.

16. frogman79

Local Time:
    Yes its cursed earth with vanilla spawners as well, was under the impression that magnum torches stopped spawns from spawners, problem still is that I'm getting spawns in areas that SHOULD be well lit by vanilla torches. This only happened on the floor that I had the lights on, none of my other torch lit floors are spawning mobs.

I've stopped the spawning I think, most of the floor is at light level 10+ now. I'll figure it out, guessing it was just taking a long time to update light levels, that's what I get for building underground so to speak.

17. immaZebrah

immaZebrah Friendly Neighbourhood Zebra

Local Time:
    Arcane Lamps have been issues for forever xD

18. AlexisRoger

AlexisRoger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Due to how they work, they cause a FPS drop, but no noticable TPS drop. If your PC is good, they're great, if not, they can be nasty. Should be fine in small numbers like floor lighting, but some other people visiting your home may have trouble if its made entirely out of them like my old ice palace. (carpenter blocked ice didnt melt).