Agrarian Skies 2.1.3 Changelog

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by OnkelOpti, May 6, 2014.

1. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    1:44 PM
    I know but that does not solve the issue of item stuffed in pipes

2. OnkelOpti

OnkelOpti New Member

Local Time:
    what if you change the pipes with mcedit or so?

3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    do you volunteer to edit + 4k islands? (ok only 500-1000 might have conduits but you still need to check them all :D)

4. Leglerm

Leglerm Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    AFAIK the version is not even recommended yet. That TE update was like a hotfix. The issues occuring might be fixed in the next version of it.

5. JasonB42

JasonB42 New Member

Local Time:
    7:44 AM
    Surprised someone hasn't created a headless batch map editor for minecraft yet. Might have to look into that one day...

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    is possible with mcedit and there is also another. We tried it with a small world (2k x 2k) and the approx duration for replacing one item into air was 2d 23h :D

7. OnkelOpti

OnkelOpti New Member

Local Time:
    im a mcedit noob, but i think i read somewere the you can swap items for an entire map. but i couldt be wrong

oO

8. JasonB42

JasonB42 New Member

Local Time:
    Wow, I would hope that a headless program could do it much more efficiently but... wow. If I find a library that can understand region files I might run some tests later.

Now that I think about it, a server plugin should be able to do a similar thing. It could take a long time, since the server would still be operational while it happened. The trick would be to throttle the changes so that it didn't kill the server performance.

9. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    well scanning can run async which than creates a queue that is handled in-sync, but I don't think there is a need for it, we will not be the only with that issue and setting it to 0 will be fine for the start.
    If you have experience programming I would love to see a small apply from you as we could need some help with other stuff. ;)

10. JasonB42

JasonB42 New Member

Local Time:
    Well I guess no need for me to program anything like that. I'll look into submitting a developer application when I get a bit more free time. Also, while I've seen the announcement in game, I don't readily see where to apply in the forums.

11. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    just send me a private message via the forums with a bit of information what you have done so far and your experience with the different languages and maybe even bukkit/forge api.. If you have some open source software you developed a link to its source would be appreciated.