What's required for a pack to get a server?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by TheEmosewaPixel, Apr 10, 2017.

1. TheEmosewaPixel

TheEmosewaPixel Member

Local Time:
    10:39 AM
    I was wondering what determines if a pack gets a MYM server. I remember that a few months ago there were some smaller skyblock-like packs that don't have one anymore. So does it have to do with the creator, popularity, uniqueness, size, a combination of the few or something completely different?

2. Mouro

Mouro Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:39 AM
    I remember seeing someone higher up posting what is needed but i can't seem to find it.
    From what i remember:
    • Active modpack developer
    • Regular Updates
    • Loved by the community
    • Server friendly

3. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The points Mouro posted are correct but we also consider modpacks our community likes to see or if there is something new/special and we have free resources we also can give it a try.

4. ArkaneDragon

ArkaneDragon Kappa Pride Forever

Local Time:
    4:39 AM
    I wanted to request to replace the old 1.7 pixelmon server with a custom pixelmon pack :D

5. Mouro

Mouro Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  6. ArkaneDragon

Local Time:
  7. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We've got pixelmon 1.10 for that, the 1.7 closed due to the lack of popularity, and those who did play moved on to the 1.10.

8. ArkaneDragon

Local Time:
    yea but iv heard from other pixelmon players and they wanted a pixelmon server with more mods like thermal expantion and tinkerers and easy mods like that to help out

9. TheEmosewaPixel

TheEmosewaPixel Member

Local Time:
    Welp then Mouro, I believe that I could check off 1, 2 and 4. The 3rd one depends on which community you're talking about, but I believe that it's MYM so it's a who knows. To be honest I hate self-advertisement, but people have been requesting a server and this is the one group/company that I've known for a good amount of time. Now, I've got something unique here, obviously not in the way that it's a skyblock, but in the way that it's for 1.11.2 and uses a mod completely different from Ex Nihlo for getting resources: Overview - Modern Skyblock - Modpacks - Projects - Minecraft CurseForge . I try to update it every 3rd day and the past week it got almost as many downloads as the previous month and a half, so it's growing pretty fast now. With it being 58th place on Curse I believe that it's time for it to finally get a server. Plus, server = more downloads = more players of the server. I plan on having it for a few years so don't think I just want a server and be done with it. I guess the best part is that you don't need any plug-ins for the island creation and stuff as Void Island Control has that built in.

10. CatArcher

CatArcher Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:39 AM
    I think it would be a nice addition to the server.

11. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I'll have a look at your mod pack for my amusement. Server wise the version maybe an issue as there are no stable 1.11 sponge builds yet. That being said I love modded skyblock so worst case scenario I can give you some feedback.

12. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    If you think the pack is MYM worthy, you may want to create a post in the suggestions and feedback section of the forum telling the community about the pack with a poll so that people can vote to show if they like it or not.

13. TheEmosewaPixel

TheEmosewaPixel Member

Local Time:
    Welp something is always good I guess. I did notice that Quark mostly had problems with Sponge servers. I didn't really know what type of servers you were using. *sigh* And yeah that's a good idea so that maybe when there is a stable Sponge version out it would be priority.

14. ArkaneDragon

Local Time:
    yo mr emosewa dont feel sad i want to request for a server too but it got shot down faster than this one

15. TheEmosewaPixel

TheEmosewaPixel Member

Local Time:
  16. ArkaneDragon

Local Time:
    lol theawesomepixel i requested a custom pixelmon pack i made. because pixelmon is grindy by itself

17. Paint_Ninja

Paint_Ninja New Member

Local Time:
    Sounds like the CraftMine post I made over a year ago meets the criteria. 11th most viewed thread on the Community Talk forum category atm

wyndman likes this.
  18. TheEmosewaPixel

TheEmosewaPixel Member

Local Time:
    Is that that one pack on Technic? And I guess popularity also plays a role. I mean it's been on Technic for years and it's not even in the top 100, no offence.

19. Paint_Ninja

Paint_Ninja New Member

Local Time:
    Technic top 100? That died off a long time ago when the Technic Platform 2.0 got released. The pack has been in the top 60 when the old Technic Platform 1.0 was a thing and all the packs were ranked based on popularity and votes, as well as CraftMine being featured by the Technic staff for months on end until they removed the "Featured modpack" section from the Technic Launcher in place of their merch store ad. Additionally, the thread I made on here is the 11th most viewed of all time on the community talk category (6th if you count just modpacks), with over 4 thousand views and over 36 thousand downloads.

20. TheEmosewaPixel

TheEmosewaPixel Member

Local Time:
    You know I actually made pack a based off of your idea, like completely changing everything people know about Minecraft, but mine was in a bit of a hardcore way. The 1.10,2 version was a fail so hopefully the 1.11.2 one is good. You're the one that got me into making packs so thanks! :)

wyndman likes this.