1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CraftMine pack - would you play it?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Paint_Ninja, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Paint_Ninja

Paint_Ninja New Member

Local Time:
    12:58 AM
    Hellooo!

I am the author of the CraftMine pack and I'm interested in getting my pack available on your launcher! What do you think? :)

[​IMG]
    The future is here.
    CraftMine has been in development since 2011 and publically available since late 2012 (on the Technic Launcher v3, before the Technic Platform was made public). It contains a lot of mods that have been modified or made exclusively for the pack, making it somewhat more unique than an average "generic modpack".

With CraftMine v4 we have focused on making the pack openly with anyone from our community being able to give us feedback, suggest new features and changes of any kind - even if there isn't a mod for it yet... ;)

We also have many exclusive features in CraftMine that aren't found in most other packs, such as a custom sound engine that is aware of your surroundings, the type of block you step on and more, as well as a revamped smarter mob AI that means animals will attack you back if you attempt to kill them, zombies can chase you if you try to run away, etc...

A lot of work has been put into immersion and gameplay, with the majority of the mods in the pack modified to remove features that may be confusing to new players who aren't used to modpacks, add features, and change some. All of the textures in the pack are made in-house with contributions from our community welcome, and are in a style that's aimed to be as close as Vanilla as possible.

Oh, and a bonus feature is that by design the pack is forwards- and backwards- compatible as much as possible, allowing for older clients to play on newer servers, or vice-versa, whilst reducing the need for map resets in the process!

Think of CraftMine as a hybrid between a modpack and a version of Mojang's Vanilla Minecraft from the future. ;)

Some screenshots: (click to enlarge)
    10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    EnderSplit, BennSC and Guigui_ like this.
  2. 123hotdog1100

123hotdog1100 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    just like to say something looks like a good modpack FOR visuals the screen shots while pretty give no real reason why this is a MODpack the word im talking about is in the name MOD a mod pack is ment to involve mods the only mod i could see in those screen shots was barrels from the decoration mod witch i cont remeber the name for.

--Note sorry if i'm being harsh dont mean to get you down like :)

3. Paint_Ninja

Paint_Ninja New Member

Local Time:
    It's ok, you weren't being harsh. :)

To be honest I don't feel like you can judge a pack just by its screenshots - especially in one like this that improves aspects that you can't see in single frame screenshots like the new sound engine and some gameplay mechanics. However, I do understand your confusion about seeing this as a "modpack" and seeing very few mods in the screenshots, so the title has been corrected.

Currently CraftMine has about 100 mods added with the experience as a whole in mind, so the pack definitely isn't a pack with a very small amount of content, whilst still running extremely well performance wise. It would be great if you could try the pack currently here: CraftMine - Technic Platform and gave it another first-impression and lemmie know what you think here! ;)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  4. Paint_Ninja

Paint_Ninja New Member

Local Time:
  5. Dovahpork

Dovahpork Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    hmmm seems like an interesting modpack
    me personal opinion is that it could do with a single magic mod something that fits the theme (Witchery or thaumcraft)
    as they are the most minecraft esq magic mods
    but other then that looks to be a good pack to play

6. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    7:58 PM
    I disagree with the addition of magic mods, but I would LOVE to see immersive engineering and gregtech(and IC due to dependency) added, although that would require tons of work, just think it truly does fit the immersive feeling you are aiming to get extremely well

7. FoxFire_MC

FoxFire_MC The Walking Mineapedia

Local Time:
    6:58 PM
    Hello I noticed that you only have 4 posts on the forum, and that you joined fairly recently (so have I). But I have not seen you on any of the servers (the ones I have been on, could just be we havnt met) and you have only posted about your pack and trying to get it on the MYM launcher. I see that you already have a dedicated server for your pack and the MYM launcher is for the MYM servers. If you are just trying to get people to play your server this isnt the place to do it, try posting on minecraftforum or planet minecraft. This could just be me being suspicious but I just thought I would ask. If I am wrong please explain your self. I dont mean to sound mean but it wouldnt be a first.

JessTheGreat and elemage like this.
  8. Dovahpork

Dovahpork Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i see what you mean by immersive but i think gregtech is a little too techy it's a brilliant mod even if people don't like it
    but i don't see it as an immersive mod

9. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    greg tech focuses on realistic requirements for machinery, so yes I believe it is very immersive in that sense, would also suggest reika's mods but they are just too op...

10. FoxFire_MC

Local Time:
    Also you say its been worked on since 2011? Sooo what version is it? 1.6,1.7? If its 1.7 then its been remade because 1.7 didnt exist in 2011. And if it is 1.6 then thats gunna be a no cause mods are being updated to 1.8 and 1.6 is to far back and not supported anymore.

11. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    dont make assumptions, and also you can easily check all of this and packs can be updated lol

12. FoxFire_MC

Local Time:
    I know they can be updated but that also means that the mods all have to be updated too and alot of mods are lost version to version. And I am just asking and making sure that it isnt just to gain players on his server. As the saying says,"better safe than sorry".

13. Arcanuo

Arcanuo Old School Poster

Local Time:
    I like the feel of the pack, the back to work we go vibe I'm getting. I worry that I've never heard of the pack before, but that's a minor thing and I'll do some googling, time permitting.

14. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:

mod list ?

15. Arcanuo

Arcanuo Old School Poster

Local Time:
  16. HomesliceMain

HomesliceMain Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This modpack isn't for me. I don't see any eye catching mods that I could see

17. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Depends if the staff have the resources to be able to open a server as from what i know C-team has just been launched and their is another pack in the works. tbh id give it a 50% to get on the launcher because of the timing and the population of the pack. Word of caution: Unpopular packs tend to die off VERY quickly!

18. newabcd

newabcd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would play it if you added blood magic .;)

19. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  20. OldManPingu

OldManPingu Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    My personal problem I have with mod packs these days are what spin are they going to put on it that makes its really interesting and exciting to play. I mean I would like to see a proper story line integrated, or something that I could get immersed in. Then again it does seem like it could be interesting if perhaps it could be differentiated between different packs.

Paint_Ninja likes this.