1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fix broken T-Construct item textures

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by mrminesheeps, Nov 7, 2019.

1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    12:08 PM
    As you may have noticed at some point while playing some 1.12 and possibly earlier packs, T-Construct tools and such have blank/white textures. The solution to this is to go and locate the Foamfix configs (found in your modpacks' configs folder, which can be found most commonly in the following directory for Windows: "[User]\AppData\Roaming\[launcher]\instances\[modpack]\minecraft\config". Anything contained in [] is a stand-in since each one is different every case, but the locations are always the same) and change "dynamicItemModels" from "true" to "false", then simply save the changes and reload your game. This should make Tinkers tools look exactly the way they're supposed to!

This should resolve the texture issues when playing with Tinkers Construct & Foamfix in the same modpack.

Edit: For Rubidium users, a potential fix has been found by Ryo over on the Reforged Hub Discord server! I haven't verified, but you can try it: Find the "rubidium-mixins.properties" config file in the aforementioned directory, then add "mixin.features.item=false" (without the quotes) underneath the notice. This should fix the white T-Construct textures. Let me know how it works!

Edit 2: Changed some wording and formatting to make the instructions easier to follow, as well as having better instructions overall.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
    MaraJade2, Stumerac, Cantiel and 2 others like this.
  2. YokoBlandelli

YokoBlandelli Member

Local Time:
    3:08 PM
    I was looking for the config for this and couldn't find that option. Where is it exactly?

3. MettytheCutiefly

MettytheCutiefly Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:08 PM
    Mods folder, then configs

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:08 PM
    Thank you sir, this annoys me to no end.

Shizucc likes this.
  5. Cantiel

Cantiel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:08 PM
    thank you! that did irritate me a lot in some packs where i use several tools (e.g. 1 pickaxe for normal mining, 1 with harder to obtain/repair material for collecting high tier materials)

6. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    8:08 PM
    Sorry for the necro, but i feel this thread has value and deserves to be higher up in the list. I just remembered this solution was on the forums and its less easy to forget if its on page 1 :)

Also i just applied this again, because the white tinker tools were annoying me bigtime :D

Might also be relevant to all those Po3 Mythic players.

mrminesheeps and BetaPetey like this.
  7. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I'm hoping to find a solution to this issue on modern MC using Rubidium, because it has the same issue. So far, no dice... but if anything comes up, I'll probs edit the post. Glad this post still helps out!

8. SparedPumpkins

SparedPumpkins Senior Moderator

Local Time:
    7:08 PM
    Brilliant.

9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Edited the main post with a possible fix for Rubidium users!