1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Server Request: Pixelmon!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Tisasen, Aug 3, 2020.

?

Do we want Pixelmon?

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tisasen

Tisasen Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    10:41 AM
    I really want to see pixelmon as a server, as it is a fun modpack that even the one who doesnt know what pokemon is would love playing! Also we have had 2 events that had a decent amount of players in it.

A little bit about pixelmon:

Pixelmon is a popular mod that recreates the Pokèmon series in-game! You craft pokeballs, you catch pokemons and then battle til the last pokemon standing! Who are the best trainer? (also you can ride some of the pokemons, thats pretty lit)

Heres the modpack: Pixelmon Reforged

Awwwwwwww, this Pikachu really wants you to vote yes!
    [​IMG]

2. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:41 AM
  3. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Tbh this would be the best pack I think we could add at the time.

It's overworld first off (no more skyblocks!) and draws in a lot of attention.
    We have had two events (both i personally helped on) and they did pretty well from what I remember. The players seemed to like them and had fun. Main problem that was mentioned in the first event that we addressed with the second event was no ability to build and adventure.

Would be nice to see a pixelmon reforged server brought in and not just an event.

4. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:41 AM
    I remember the (first?) time MyM had pixelmon which was one of my most fondest times. Mainly fun for me 'cause I got to build spawn with a few other staff at the time. But it was really fun to have a different kind of modded experience and see all the different people that joined in.

However, the main concern would be keeping the server alive which was an issue that time around. I do think those tournaments were a great addition (as canada linked) but I also think there needs to be a bit more than just that. So, in the end a little bit more thought and work would have to go into it unlike most other servers.

But, overall it's a yes from me!

LadyRen13 and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.
  5. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Well. The main thing with pixelmon servers i find is constant sort of events. Player run tournaments, shiny hunts, breeder events. Stuff like that. It adds more to the game ontop of gyms.

LadyRen13 and LunaBlossoms like this.
  6. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:41 AM
    Yeah exactly this. Feel like if we're going to do this again we should do it even better than last time. Which on a side note still was an awesome job before!

I'm sure we'd get lots of players of all kinds of playing levels. So having that extra stuff for either helping out new players or veterans to keep interested would really amp up the QoL of the server.

LadyRen13 likes this.
  7. vikingghost11

vikingghost11 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:41 AM
    Not to be pessimistic, but making another Pixelmon server would be a waste of time and resources. You might not believe it, but most people who play on this network like to play modded Minecraft over vanilla. I think Pixelmon is to close to vanilla to attract the majority of the community's attention beyond another launch. We have had like 2-3 Pixelmon servers, and they last like a month with really low populations even with the special events. Staff would have to spend a bunch of time creating a building these events. But MyM is not a dedicated Pixelmon server. I feel like it would not be worth the time investment for a generally unattractive server in the first place. But that's just my opinion.

Kazeodori and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.
  8. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    Thing about pixelmon is it isnt exactly ment to be all events by the staff/server. Major thing about pixelmon is the community. People battling each other and working to get better and be the top. Thats more what pixelmon is about. The challenge to be the best. I do agree its close to vanilla but it adds just enough to make it its own thing

9. vikingghost11

vikingghost11 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:41 AM
    I gotch, yeah, but I feel like this isn't the community to do it. It's a heavily modded Minecraft community. I feel like the majority of THIS community simply doesn't care. It's pretty easy to be the best when at most 2-3 people are online. I know the feeling, I played on all the pixelmon servers that have been released so far. A bunch of people join at the start, then people get bored and leave. Server pop becomes like 0-2 for a month, then it gets shut down. The end.
    I'm just referring to history. Not listening to it is probably not a good idea.

Fireforce and Kazeodori like this.
  10. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    Most definately certainly as clear as possibly: NO!
    Its like B-team, it keeps rearing its ugly head and no matter how often we try to kill it with fire and what no, it just wont die!!!

Server will be popular for a week and then as always with pixelmon, its abandoned and it will just eat server space and memory.

PLEASE VOTE NO!

11. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    9:41 AM
    i wouldn't really mind it
    but im not sure many ppl r gonna play it

12. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    2:41 AM
    I do not mind doing this for you guys. My main concern is having a dedicated player base to help me setup a good server. I don't really know anything about pixelmon but if someone is dedicated enough to help poor in the time to setup the map, I am down to try again

13. Tisasen

Tisasen Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Im down to help!

14. CanadaBunny

Local Time:
    I can help with most of it aido. I know the plugins and the configs very well. As well as how to setup most of the mod itself

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  15. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    im down lmao

16. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Please no, we've tried this three times in the past and it turns into a flaming pile within a few weeks. We do not have any staff that has a great enough understanding of the pack to support it. The packs themselves tend to be a little on the messy side. It leads to all sorts of internal bickering over rules. It really just comes down to you think you do, but you don't.

Kazeodori, Braun_ and RuhRoo like this.
  17. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    1:41 AM
    Can confirm, I've played pixelmon multiply times when it was hosted on mym. It starts off good, then no one will play it within Two-three weeks. It truly does need a dedicated team to run, add plugins, events, EV training areas, and much more.

Kazeodori likes this.
  18. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    How to run a pixelmon server:
    1.) Start a new network by advertising a lot. Offer a lot of incentives to join.
    2.) Get the new players invested into the game, a couple days is enough.
    3.) Introduce lootcrates and shiny pixelmon in your webshop. Do not make them cheap.
    4.) See all the children spend boatloads of money on shiny pixelmon/lootcrates.
    5.) Shut down the network after a month or two when the players stop playing.
    6.) Restart the network under different name and start at 1.) again.

Needless to say, I don't like the Pixelmon community a lot. Also regarding the Mojang EULA an -> Who cares, if your server gets blacklisted, just move to 6.).

I dunno, maybe I'm too cynical for pixelmon.

19. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    bteam player

20. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hah, how about Technic regular?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.