1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Project Ozone 3 Server Changes & Mythic Release Times

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by HanoverFist69, May 5, 2022.

1. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    3:49 AM
    Hello Everyone,
    As you know, we had a vote a while ago on where we wanted to keep all of our Project Ozone 3 servers or replace them with Mythic mode. The poll finalized with keeping all of our Project Ozone 3 servers with adding a Mythic mode. This is a pretty big change so I wanted to let everyone know how this is going to work. Below, is why it is happening this way and how these changes are going to happen.

[​IMG]

Dates

Current Server Shutdowns: Thursday May 5th, 5pm CET
    New Mythic Mode Launch (Patron 3): Thursday May 5th, 5pm CET
    Patron 2: Friday May 6th, 5pm CET
    Everyone: Saturday May 7th, 5pm CET
    New Normal & Kappa Mode Nodes: Saturday May 7th, 5pm CET
    timezone convertor
    Unifying Our Current Servers Right now, if we tried to just release a new Mythic mode server by itself, it would be more up-to-date then our current servers. This includes out-of-date plugins, configurations, etc. This would also use up more resources on our dedicated servers as we would have separate world reset templates. By re-launching these servers together, it will be easier to not only manage, but keep our resource use down to launch other servers in the future.

Current Servers Both Project Ozone 3 Normal and Kappa will be shutting down and will be replaced with new nodes. To do this though, we need to shutdown these servers for a couple of days while we juggle things in the backend to make room. While annoying, this is to ensure we have plenty of resources in the future.

Player Data migration & Base Downloads Yes! If you played on Normal/Kappa mode, we will transfer an inventory worth of your progress to the new Normal/Kappa mode node launching. Do not put bags inside bags or AE2 drives in bags! This can include advancements and stats if you so desire. Questbook data cannot be transferred!

We will not transfer entire bases! This will cause server downtime every time we do this. You can download your current base with the World Downloader. Simply type /wd while on the server for more information.

New Normal & Kappa Nodes We have to update a bunch of backend stuff, meaning brand new nodes and fresh, new worlds! This will also include updated server plugins!

Mythic Mode Launch The new Mythic node will release TWO days before Normal and Kappa mode come back online for our Patrons.

Aidoneus likes this.
  2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:49 AM
    To be precise - Gabezetrainboy4, Nov 28, 2021

2. Why theres 2nd thread which differs only in one word in the title from the other one?

3. Wheres the OFFICIAL update on vanilla? I saw bunch players confused about it without any info from staff other than just one time our CC said something.

4. Where the hell is info about launch times for Patron 2, Patron 1 and regular players?
    We need to wait for another thread?

3. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    I've added the patron 2 and every one times for mythic server to the original post.

For vanilla, my message about us delaying and aiming for a 1.19 release is an official update. It was also added to the suggestion thread.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:49 AM
    Nice, for second I thought servers will be patron only but it seemed so strange, because earlier it was open for all.

In which one tho? In Vanilla 1.18.2 Server Suggestions there's nothing about it. I only saw info about aiming for 1.19 instead launching 1.18.2 right now, is in thread Booker made.
    Maybe add info in TWoM #101? Mention incoming release of new PO3's and info about delayed launching vanilla till 1.19 update because many new stuff added so better wait a little longer than be forced to make new map 1-2 month later.
    I hope most of data packs planned to be added to vanilla will work in 1.19.

5. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    I believe Aoife was referencing this thread.

6. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    It was in that thread, but also the starting post of this thread, where Aido asked for suggestions.