1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Vanilla

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by BookerTheGeek, Apr 25, 2022.

1. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:35 AM
    So, I was wondering if MyM could keep the vanilla version of Minectaft updated to the latest non-snapshot version? Would be fun I think.

Just an idea. :)

2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:35 AM
    I heard staff are preparing 1.18.2 vanilla server with sum data packs as we speak.
    Or you mean the vanilla MC on MyM launcher?

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  3. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    12:35 AM
    If you mean to take our current version and just update it, that's not really possible due to the change in world weight/depth.

We were looking at making a 1.18 server, however now that 1.19 is close, probably released this summer, we would like to see about aiming for that version for our release.

4. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:35 AM
    Not to mention the changes to biomes and the new deep slate biome wouldn't be part of the server if it was too just update

5. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:35 AM
    Let me rephrase. When I said update I meant not to take the map to the new version but to add the new version to the launcher. My apologies for not being more clear.

6. TrashGothAoife

Local Time:
    Once we add a new vanilla server, we will put the updated version to match that, but if you just want us to have a vanilla version that gets auto-updated to the latest regardless of what we host? I don't see us doing that.

7. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I understand where Booker is going. I feel that we as a community should offer a basic vanilla server. Allow my take on this. We offer a basic vanilla server for some of the more modded entry level players. This should be an entry level only. Now Janne along with her friends come to play. Soon one, then another will try the modded version of one of the packs and soon there is a new group of modded players that first (because they have already been exposed to it) understand the basic rules of the server community, and second also have a beginning in basic modded play because modded is just an extension of basic with a twist. These people will already be vetted and will be ready to go into any modded server that is available and if we offer this then the possibility is very high that these new people will remain with MYM and not go to another server.
    This is a simple way to get more players.

8. TrashGothAoife

Local Time:
    We had a 1.16 vanilla server, and we will be putting up another one, either a 1.18 OR a 1.19. A few things area ahead of it in the pipeline, but we will be getting it.

I think booker was getting at just having the latest vanilla version in our launcher for users, not about the vanilla server.

I will go into why we don't do that. We would have to add new vanilla for every version because if someone used our launcher to play vanilla in single player, and then a new update was released, we update our version to the newest, that would force the player to update their world to the newest update, and not everyone wants to do that.

I am going to mark this thread as denied with respect to just hosting vanilla in the client. But I will reiterate, we WILL be hosting another vanilla server, a few other things do take priority, but we are thinking about aiming for 1.19 shortly after it is released.

9. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Acceptable ro me.