1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PvP Poll

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by MaelstromPhoenix, May 18, 2015.

?

What Type of PVP Pack Would You Play?

1. Option 1

52.9%
  2. Option 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Option 3

35.3%
  4. Option 4

17.6%
  5. Option 5

11.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MaelstromPhoenix

MaelstromPhoenix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:40 AM
    Hey guys. I just wanted to gather some input on what type of PvP pack people would play. I am going to add some options to vote for and you can vote for as many/few as you would like. Additionally if you feel there are some options missing feel free to make a comment and I'll add it to the Poll.
    1. Full Anarchy - Raiding/Griefing of everything, no claims, no protections, no rules
    2. Factions w/bypass - Raiding/Griefing in claimed territories if you can find a way to get around the protection
    3. Factions w/claim reduction - No Raiding/Griefing in claimed territories but some way to delete/lessen enemy claims (for example: dying = less claim blocks, kills = more claim blocks)
    4. Factions w/bypass and w/claim reduction - Raiding/Griefing in claimed territories if you can find a way around it as well as some way to lessen enemy claims
    This should be Option 5
    Its Grief prevention: this is based on Trident

1. Have two world. world 1 allow building and farming of crops but no mining at all This is where players make there homes, no ore spawn in this world(no pvp here, with claims). world 2 would be your resource and gathering world, only place you can mine ores and gather other resources (pvp and no claims here)

2. Have controlled arenas, ones that have kits that cost MyMs. the arena sizes would need to be tested and discussed by players
    examples (armor would need to be tested... leather/iron iron/ diamond combo's.....ect
    Sniper kit: 1 sniper rifle, 1 side arm(9mm), ammo, 5 nades, 1 invisablity pot, 3 health pots : 250 MyMs
    Assult kit: 1 assult rifle, 1 side arm(9mm), ammo, 5 nades,1 gold apple, 3 health pots: 250 MyMs
    Demo: 1 nade launcher...ect...ect...ect....: 500 MyMs

3. Have weekly UHC's where players play to the last man standing on one of our pre built maps... Urban, desert, Jungle, mountain....ect. The catch is there is a Buy in for the UHC but there is also a reward.

4. No Global market... instead use Jobs plug in. This would need to be highly configure but make it fun, so people work to get money... then use the money in the Kit arenas and to join weekly UHCs. Also money from player kills... maybe even have Bounty Plug in,

tI have more ideas on this but its a rough idea
    Disclaimer: This in no way means that something like this is confirmed. Just gathering information.
    Additionally try to consider the amount of work that would be required in terms of setup. The simpler the better.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  2. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Something like crackpack would be best, so that you have magic mods and tech mods avaiable at start, i dont like regrowth UHC because players are stuck starting their base.

3. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    Thats the intention of this poll. We are considering stepping away from Regrowth UHC since the player base is pretty low. I'd probably go for some sort of kitchen sink pack with something like Mekanism to make the early game a breeze. Also I'd say make the config settings super easy so it's quick to get into and then quick to rebuild. Earlier discussion is here: Regrowth UHC "Creative Solutions" | MineYourMind Community

Minecraft Unabridged just came out: Introducing: A new Semi-Public modpack on the ATLauncher, Minecraft Unabridged : feedthebeast

I think with a little modification (take out galacticraft, aether, compact machines) this pack would perfectly suit a PvP pack.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  4. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Any thoughs of including ars magicka? If it is compatible ofcourse.

5. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    I believe Ars Magica is no longer being updated which causes problems. However IIRC there is a mod similar to Ars with custom spell creation in development.

6. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    7:40 PM
    Not a big fan of PVP in minecraft. I dont spend any time on minecraft fourms other than this one so I'll never learn of the "bypasses". I have never watched a "lets play", and can just barely stand a tutorial so I would always be at a disadvantage.

PVP in minecraft, for me, has always been person with better gear who clicks first wins. ill go play some Planetside if I want good PVP.

If I had to play PVP, I would want an ungreifable / raidable base. Most want PVP to raid bases.

I would check it out, but probably isn't for me

Lawmonark likes this.
  7. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    can i vote neither and propose my suggestions from the other thread...[DOUBLEPOST=1431966357][/DOUBLEPOST]Copy paste my idea from the other thread

This should be Option 5
    Its Grief prevention: this is based on Trident

1. Have two world. world 1 allow building and farming of crops but no mining at all This is where players make there homes, no ore spawn in this world(no pvp here, with claims). world 2 would be your resource and gathering world, only place you can mine ores and gather other resources (pvp and no claims here)

2. Have controlled arenas, ones that have kits that cost MyMs. the arena sizes would need to be tested and discussed by players
    examples (armor would need to be tested... leather/iron iron/ diamond combo's.....ect
    Sniper kit: 1 sniper rifle, 1 side arm(9mm), ammo, 5 nades, 1 invisablity pot, 3 health pots : 250 MyMs
    Assult kit: 1 assult rifle, 1 side arm(9mm), ammo, 5 nades,1 gold apple, 3 health pots: 250 MyMs
    Demo: 1 nade launcher...ect...ect...ect....: 500 MyMs

3. Have weekly UHC's where players play to the last man standing on one of our pre built maps... Urban, desert, Jungle, mountain....ect. The catch is there is a Buy in for the UHC but there is also a reward for the last 3 players, they split the pot. Last man 50% 2nd man 30%, 3rd man 20%.

4. No Global market... instead use Jobs plug in. This would need to be highly configure but make it fun, so people work to get money... then use the money in the Kit arenas and to join weekly UHCs. Also money from player kills... maybe even have Bounty Plug in,

I have more ideas on this but its a rough idea

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  8. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    Yeah thats why I suggested basing it off of that with a few changes(such as removing galactic raft, aether, compact machines, etc). Either that or throwing together a custom kitchen sink pack which shouldn't prove to difficult.

9. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    We already have an idea going, i added you to the convo.[DOUBLEPOST=1431968445][/DOUBLEPOST]does anyone remember this pack
    Official Crafting Dead - Technic Platform

Its for an older version but its like H1Z1/ Dayz in Minecraft...lol
    Its still amazing and still being worked on[DOUBLEPOST=1431992290][/DOUBLEPOST]forget all that.... we need a Crafting Dead server... i know its 1.5 but its REALLY fun. and there are pre built packs. you travel around finding items... its like Dayz. the server im on is adventure mode.... its so much fun and its PvP / PvE[DOUBLEPOST=1431993575][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys i posted a Crafting dead request here. If you agree +1 it
    Interesting 1.7.10 Modpacks for Servers | MyM | Page 10 | MineYourMind Community

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  10. EndavorGaming

EndavorGaming Ye Coffee Gamer <3

Local Time:
    4:40 PM
    Option#3 Seems to be fair, yet adds in a bit of a challenge.I wouldn't recommend the other options since they might cause a fight in chat and might even start a global "chat" war, adding the fact that each one contains the abillity to grief/raid another
    persons claim, excluding
    Option#3 to only have
    reductions of claimblocks by death and then increase the amount of claimblocks each kill.

11. Talreason

Talreason Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:40 PM
    Just going to throw this out there for those that are unaware we currently have a Regrowth PVP server.

12. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    The problem is the low popularity on the server. I'm seeing what type of PvP people would prefer so that we can gauge what the community wants.

Again doesn't mean anything will happen. Just a poll.

13. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Ok guys, its time to really come up with an idea/ ideas of what we want.

If the pack we are using is Trident, i feel the following things need to be adjusted/ enforced.

1. Long cool down on /home with the teleport.... IF we even have the ability to use this. I personally would much rather not have /home, Rather only have /sethome that is where you go when you die

2. Power armor speed and jump assist needs to be "nerfed". @MaelstromPhoenix and I, Test this this morning for a few hours and found these two add ons were very unbalanced since you cant hit the person if they have full speed. The percentages would need to be discussed by the players.

3. You can ONLY BUILD A BASE IN THE OVERWORLD/ NETHER. No End dimension bases.

4. Factions, towny or full anarchy is the biggest question. This is one we all need to decide on.

5. Pre built arenas ( this would make places you can test your "skill"), im sure we can find and build custom maps that will be fun. Based around flans Gun and/or planes. Could be very interesting to recreate counter strike maps or old Cod maps.

6. Explosion Damage on or off in overworld? I think 2 world would be cool, i posted my idea of this before. 1 world for bases and PvP with protection that stops blocks from being broken but ability to still "raid" (but has no ore spawn). And a second world with full explosion and the only place you can get ores, This would be like the War zone and would be destroyed rather quickly and need resets.

Today while testing Trident we had a lot of fun. My biggest concern is we make a server thats too "hard" to play on it for most people...so they dont. I would like a server that majority enjoy.

Maybe we can get a Teamspeak meeting or chat room where we go to discuss our ideas.

Lets make this a thing people.. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1432159613][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: Also would like to see and Expanding Boarder in the resource/war world. Makes resets and start up of the farm world a real war zone

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    chugga_fan likes this.
  14. jackripper0987

jackripper0987 New Member

Local Time:
    9:40 AM
    Option three seems the best to me, although I would like to have pvp on always and claims just allows for not much infrastructure loss. Maybe have each claim only viable with 3+ people in the group/faction? then have the amount of claim blocks (made by kills ect..) be the factions score and to only allow them to attack the same or higher factions? just so there isnt any starting killing happening (or just make new people have a x amount of invulnerable time to get their base setup

I wouldnt want a large pack, all that is needed is really 20-30 mods for attacking/armor (so there isnt to much difference between starting and endgame so skill takes more of a role). Mods for defending, then some for transportation. Would this be preferable to be focused around guns or pvp?

I love the weekly UHC tournament and wish there was more long term games on all servers

One thing I think would be cool is a drop crate that comes every now and than? if its a small map then everyone can get to it quickly and have more of a chance for pvp and loot. Aside from that some jobs plugin would be cool

15. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    How is this for an option?
    No Factions, Instead we use Grief prevention BUT only block breaking is protected, people can acess doors, chests, levers, buttons...ect.
    But people break Stone, Dirts, grass...ect, Natural spawned blocks. We also make a RULE that there must be a way into at least 1 area of your base.... This way people cant Cheese it and just live under ground

16. jackripper0987

jackripper0987 New Member

Local Time:
    9:40 AM
    Thats my answer basically, maybe a rule of only above bases aswell

Or perhaps have a rule of allowing breaking with the rest of those rules, but make it cost money for each block? and money is only available via killing and deaths take away. Placing blocks seem essential

I just dont want myself and others to lose everything when raided. I love the idea of a server that is always pvp and raiding, but there are just common practices which are essential. As said if you look at youtube vids they do kill and sometimes raid but its never extreme and is just for fun, if you could have people be nice (which in a server this large I dont expect it) and play for fun I would say yes

What if we split the server in half of thirds? so that there are large groups, raiding would be fine always (as long as 3 of the other faction was online) but by doing that building would be quicker, resources more plentiful and raiding would be much harder?

17. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    You seem to have Good ideas, Invite sent