1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting 1.7.10 Modpacks for Servers | MyM

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Slind, Sep 29, 2014.

1. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    9:32 AM
    still @Slind already stated it wouldn't be a modpack atm, maybe he'll change his mind later

2. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:32 PM
    -snip, got bored of Rebirth fast..... it was missing something

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  3. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    [​IMG]
    This picture is kinda paradox xD

4. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Depends on the server i guess...lol
    That pic is from a server...haha

5. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  6. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
  7. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I doubt the that Mym would make a server for "Material Energy^4" Despite how small the map could be do to the closed in area you have, there are many things that could lag the world. It does have cool new interesting mods and actually makes minecraft look good without a texture pack! (NO JOKE!! :D) No slow start, and a cool adventuring modpack. Came out a few months ago and about 70-ish mods. Might be more interesting than blast off, but would rather see a Blast Off Server than a Material Energy^4 server.

8. Pein_Rikudo

Pein_Rikudo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I know magic farm 3 is still in testing, but what about this for a server when its ready

9. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    MF3 is more of an SP pack than MP

10. Pein_Rikudo

Local Time:
    You could say the same for Regrowth though

11. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    hmm the difference between regrowth and magic farm isn't so big, I would assume. Did you every give regrowth a try?

12. Pein_Rikudo

Local Time:
    Besides the constant HQM resets, regrowth is great as a server. I suppose magic farm will have the same problems with its hqm

13. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hey Slind, not trying to rush you or anything, but any idea when a blast off server will be made? I know you have these other new servers to keep track of though.

14. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    This was thought of a while back, i even contacted the mod pack author to see if she would change a few things to make it more server friendly.... but she didn't and its still a single player pack[DOUBLEPOST=1431869877][/DOUBLEPOST]Magic Farm 3: Harvest - Tech - Minecraft Modpacks - Curse

Its a Jadedcat pack.... needs no explination other then ITS AMAZING, its one of the few packs with Mo Creatures... only thing i wish it had was carpenter blocks and chisel.
    It was downloaded 20k times this month alone, its growing to be an amazing pack....would be more if jaded didnt move all her packs from FTB

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  15. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    MF3 seems like it is a bit too "generic" I understand it differs slightly from the base, but the mods that make up the core of its existence are the same, and while I understand they are awesome mods I feel that they are getting old. That said I do not know all of the tweaks jaded has added, and as we all know they can totally re-invent many mods.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
    chugga_fan likes this.
  16. MaelstromPhoenix

MaelstromPhoenix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    • Minecraft Unabridged: ATLauncher - Minecraft Unabridged
    • ~1 day
    • ATLauncher
    • SemiPublic
    • Type: Mixed (Prides itself on offering something for everyone)
    • ~200 including all the core mods, dependencies and many small mods that add few items
    • This pack brings a lot of new mods to the spotlight like Geko's Lasers, Matter Overdrive and Modular Open Turrets. Its focused on bringing something for everyone in terms of magic, tech, exploration and building.
    • I think the mod selection is fantastic since it offers lots of variety and has some of my own favorite mods (Steve's Mods and lots of TC addons!). Additionally it has the potential to become a fantastic PvP pack (HYPE) since it offers lots of new combat options (Geko's Lasers, Open Modular Turrets, etc.) and doesn't have the long/grindy early game that RG UHC offers. (I.E. focus on lots of forced skirmishes followed by quick rebuilding with Mekanism Digiminer, etc.)
    • As stated, it would be perfect for multiplayer since it offers a bit of everything for everyone. And lots of mods means there is lots of stuff to do!

jackripper0987 likes this.
  17. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    Looks like yet another kitchen sink pack, we already do have infinity for that. might also be quite a strain on servers. Some of these mods do in fact look really interesting, but some are also still in a very early developement stage. it's also probably rather unbalanced. I'll definetely give it a try for singleplayer when I find time for it though.

AlphaRue and Lawmonark like this.
  18. MaelstromPhoenix

MaelstromPhoenix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would suggest this pack as PvP (I enjoy PvP :p) so I'd propose taking out/disabling some of the mods such as galacticraft, aether, and compact storage since they provide for new dimensions to hide in and also use lots of server resources so it would be a win-win. I know 200 mods is a lot but I think if we cut down on some it wouldn't be too bad especially since lots of them are not very server intensive mods that add 1-2 game mechanics that are useful but not essential.

There is also a reddit thread I forgot to mention: Introducing: A new Semi-Public modpack on the ATLauncher, Minecraft Unabridged : feedthebeast

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  19. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    200 mods in my opinion makes a pack "stupid", I would much rather play a pack with under 100 mods thats stable and fun. This pack looks like a nightmare for any server. Perfect for multiplayer and perfect for a server are two very different things.

Currently the packs i think the server should wait on before expanding.
    Blood and Bones
    Horizons 2
    Departed
    Forge Craft 2 (they hinted they are making a public version)
    Magic Farm 3( its on curse launcher.... not sure why jaded is playing favorites to them and took all her packs from ftb)

20. AlphaRue

Local Time:
    there is a post on this if you want to find it, jaded left ftb because of a dislike of how the current management is doing things.